Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 10th, 2010, 12:31 PM

Found orange tabby male, Vaudreuil

We've found an un-neutered male orange tabby in Vaudreuil (old Dorion). He's been hanging around our house for about 6 days now, but we just noticed that he is only walking on 3 of his legs, perhaps he was hit by a car, so we immediately started feeding him to try to gain his trust so we can catch him and take him to a vet. He's very skinny, and he's breaking my heart, but at least he's eating and loves sitting out in the sun in our backyard. I put an ad on Kijiji, and now one to you guys since your site helped me get my lost Devon Rex back about 2 years ago. Just want to find his owners. Suggestions?
Thanks
LARA
Attached Images

Old March 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Poor guy needs vet care immediately. Can you get a humane trap from somewhere?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Poor little one.

I see he has a collar.

Contact the MSPCA and report there as well. You never know...
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Hurt cat

We will have to probably catch him and take him to the Montreal SPCA. I'm just worried that they might put him down. I'm from Toronto originally and it's no kill at their SPCA and they will fix the lost pet if something is wrong with him. Just don't know Montreal's policies and you can't call them about having a lost pet if it's not in "their" area. We live outside the area and unfortunately we would be unable financially foot the bill if we took him to a vet. I'm at a loss as to what to do but I think taking him to the SPCA if we can catch him is our only choice????
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Contact some rescue groups - if you google montreal rescue groups or montreal cat rescues...you may come across a few. Send them an e-mail along with the picture.

I don't know if the SPCA will do anything but euthanize this cat. Sometimes they do contact rescue groups however...
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Poor sweetie. I second BenMax's thoughts. I don't think the SPCA is going to do anything but euthanize. Sending lots of you can catch him and help him.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Poor boy,if he has food,at least he will feel better and hopefully let himself be caught.
the SPCA is probably not an option,I hope one of the rescue-groups can help.
It must break your heart seeing him like this
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Kay, just called Vaudreuil's local rescue for cats, the CASCA, and she told me she was full and that I should call animal control. Nice...like I'd EVER do that!
I'll try a couple more shelters, but hopefully someone is looking for him. If I have no luck at all, I may have to make a trip to Toronto with the little guy.
Old March 11th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Lara,I am sorry,hopefully you'll find a solution for the little guy,he looks very skinny
If the "owners"did didn't even bother having him neutered,I doubt they would do anything about his leg.
Please continue to feed him and hopefully,something good will turn up for him.
Thank you for caring
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Update on injured orange tabby

Just wanted to update you all on the found orange tabby cat with the severe leg injury. I found an amazing rescue named Gerdy's Rescue and Adoption out of Montreal, and they paid to have him taken in by a local Vet. He's been given many tests, no feline Leukemia but his spleen was bleeding. After a few days and a lot of pain killers, they found that he was re-absorbing the blood in his abdomen and the spleen was healing itself. Blood tests now reveal that his red blood count is high enough for him to undergo surgery for his leg. He goes under the knife this Monday to amputate his messed up back leg (he hasn't been using it anyway) and to be neutured. Everyone at the vet's office says he's a real sweet heart and eats like a pig. Gerdy will then help find him a loving home where I'm sure he will never wander far again. My sincere thanks to Gerdy who told me that they would do everything that they could to save him...and she did. Her rescue is now one of the many charities that I donate too. Yay Gerdy!!!!!
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Senior Contributor

yes she is a wounderful rescue brenda and the pins.
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thanks so much for the update! I have been wondeering about this little fella! Does he have a name? Just would like to know who I have been sending out prayers for!

We have heard so many wonderful stories here about Gerdys!!

Way to go once again!

Thank you for caring enough to get this poor boy help!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Senior Contributor

wowI hope you are able to get him. And I have to say..what is all of the disses towards the SPCA and Animal Control. While yes, some spcas will euth..however there are ones that don't. I worked for a great shelter...were this animal would not have been put down.

And I have to say that while I would do anything to save this animal, sometimes in some situations death is not always the worst. A suffering animal is not a happy life...oviously. However, one organization won't take it, while the other will just euth it. What do you do? leave this animal to suffer, because you don't want it put down, which would releave it's suffering. How come people in these situations take control and take it to a vet on their own.

I hope you can get him and he gets to a vets. poor guy. don't give up. By feeding him you are gaining a trust with him. Cats hide pain amazingly well...only when they are at their worse, do they seek help. Great that you are caring for him. Keep us posted.

ACO22
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO22 View Post
wowI hope you are able to get him.
she did , read her post :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larajessica View Post
Just wanted to update you all on the found orange tabby cat with the severe leg injury. I found an amazing rescue named Gerdy's Rescue and Adoption out of Montreal, and they paid to have him taken in by a local Vet. He's been given many tests, no feline Leukemia but his spleen was bleeding. After a few days and a lot of pain killers, they found that he was re-absorbing the blood in his abdomen and the spleen was healing itself. Blood tests now reveal that his red blood count is high enough for him to undergo surgery for his leg. He goes under the knife this Monday to amputate his messed up back leg (he hasn't been using it anyway) and to be neutured. Everyone at the vet's office says he's a real sweet heart and eats like a pig. Gerdy will then help find him a loving home where I'm sure he will never wander far again. My sincere thanks to Gerdy who told me that they would do everything that they could to save him...and she did. Her rescue is now one of the many charities that I donate too. Yay Gerdy!!!!!
Yea for Gerdy !! Amazing rescue and thank YOU Larajessica , for caring enough to have feed him , catch him , and looked for a rescue for him !
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:39 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

So wonderful that Gerdy's has stepped up to help this kitty!! BM's been keeping me in the loop. I will keep the little one in my prayers and hope for further news.
Larajessica - thank you for being this fella's . With you and Gerdy helping him I am sure he will do ok!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:18 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So this is the little one BenMax mentioned? So good of Gerdy to step into such a heartbreaking situation and help out! Both you and she are s, Larajessica.

for a successful surgery and a quick recovery!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
So this is the little one BenMax mentioned? So good of Gerdy to step into such a heartbreaking situation and help out! Both you and she are s, Larajessica.

for a successful surgery and a quick recovery!
This is the one. I've got lots of fingers and toes crossed for him.

Old March 20th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Larajessica you are an thank u for feeding and taking him to Gerdy's...she has a wonderful organization!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)