Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:34 PM

Now they are compared with "WOLVES"

Bryants latest comments finish with "We don't permit muzzeled wolves on leashes in public parks. Why? Because they are just too dangerous . So it is for the pitbull "
First off a wolf is not a domesticated animal unlike dogs of "ALL" breeds . I know of no CKC registered wolves , does anyone know of these wolves ? A wolf pack hunts in an organized manner in order to survive , no one provides food and shelter for the pack , no one licences a pack of wolves nor do they take them to a vet when they are sick .
Micheal we do not take our wolves into parks on muzzels because they are not pets . Wolves live in the wild they have not grown up with our kids and been included in family pictures . They have not been trained as rescue or police dogs . They do not sleep at the foot of our beds and beg us for food . We do not shed a tear when after 15 year we have to take them to the "vets" office for the last time . We do not scold them when they pee on the floor as puppies , nor do we teach them to attack on command , abuse them by poking sticks at them when they are chained up in order to make them hate nor do we beat them to within inches of their lives again to make them hate or leave them in the backyard without water when we go to work on a hot day . We don't do any of this to the wolves you mention yet people do the above mentioned things and more to dogs everyday .
So we end up with good and bad dogs that come from good and bad owners . You solution to eliminate the dog sickens me to no end , your one sided approach to this problem brinks on the border of dictatorship .

Your Party should be ashamed of your closed mindedness.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:53 PM

Do they ban wolf-dog breeds? I know some ppl (not personally) have this type of breed. Do they just chain them in the back yard and not go anywhere with them?? Maybe MB needs to be informed of the wolf hybreds... on second thought he'd ban them too
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
Meaghan Edwards

I can think of so many things I can compare this guy to. Among them -- a weasel.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:35 AM
banned user

wolf hybrids are banned.

Huge guffawful in the spring over this. We all should probably have had our radar up when that started. (How many people own wolf hybrids? not many.Were there any bite incidents? No, not for years. Just more of the Liberals telling us to eat our veggies, & keep our elbows off the table.)

These people have Gladys Kravitz ( busybody nosy neighbour on old Bewitched show) beat for minding everyones' business.

I've met 2 wolf hybrids. One was huge & very friendly, great with kids & seemed o.k. with other dogs. We met him at PetSmart, of all places, & later at a street festival. The other one was small, i'm almost think more Coyote x dog. It was very delicate looking, shy & cautious, but seemed to get along with other dogs. (Aloof but not hostile)
In both cases they were housebroken, which is one argument I've heard against wolves & wolf hybrids. (They are not supposed to be easily housebroken.)
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:12 AM

Akeeter , I was not trying to knock on wolves or hybrid wolves . I have great respect for them and hate the way people use wolves in stories when they are trying to scare their kids , big bad wolf stories just reinforce fear of the unkown . That is what Bryant was doing here and My comments were in responce to His comparison of a generally wild animal to a domestic pet . To the general population wolves are wild if not a "feared" animal and that is where he was going with his comments. Comparing a pit to a wolf in his eyes is meant to instill fear to the general public of the companion animal that we are trying to protect .
Old October 23rd, 2004, 08:09 AM

yeah, comparing dometicated animals to wild animals is prett silly. that and when's the last time a wolf killed a human?

here a nice letter to the star:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=968350116895
Old October 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

How is anyone supposed to take this person seriously when he just keeps showcasing his ignorance? First, 150lb pit bulls, now this idiotic comparison.

Last I heard, there are no documented cases of any wild wolves killing human beings.