Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 2nd, 2005, 05:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Exclamation Recue workers, owners I need your help!! and pics

Well the company didn't go for the matching of pledges for the rescue walk a thon......but they will let me post info and leave some pamplets laying around work so I can educate the workers on what a rescue does in general and why they need our help in raising funds.

This is where I need your help, I am not fully knowledgable on the daily tasks you perform and all the awesome work you do for our furry friends if anyone has the time today it would be great if you could help me out here with some info......or maybe someone already has a pamplet made that I could print and distribute.......I'm terrible at these things and time is very short I need to do it tonight and get some more sponsers asap.

Last but not least......I need a pic or various pics of sad puppies or dogs waiting to be recued so to speak to pull at the heartstrings and also the wallet..... if you get my drift....lol

any responces can be emailed to me directly at
dhorner@sympatico.ca
just put .....RESCUE INFO in the subject line.........( I get alot of junk email helps me sort it easier)

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide me with
Deb
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:42 AM

I found this guy's face on petfinder the other day.. Doesn't get sadder than him.. Here I got the website:
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...00&tmpl=&stat=
Attached Images

Last edited by Prin; June 2nd, 2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:06 AM
Agility Addict

I know that you can't use this photo because its of Dodger and he has already found a forever with me but this was taken a few hours after I found him (abandoned on the side of the road).

This picture really haunts me because there is nothing behind those eyes but confusion and torment. There is not a speck of Dodger in that picture!

I can only imagine the trauma that abandoned puppies and dogs face as the await their fate behind bars.

I hope that you get the information together that you need!

Melissa
Attached Images

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:33 AM

Aww, look at that cute little pudgy Dodger! How could someone leave him on the side of the road! They must not look back.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Personally, I would take a more subtle approach. Distribute the pamphlets, but without photos. I receive mailings from animal rescue organizations, but immediately I see a photo of an abused animal, I stop reading. When the latest animal atrocity is described in great detail on TV or radio, I plug my ears/close my eyes. My imagination is more than capable to matching the horror if not surpassing it. Your co-workers will not want to look at the pictures. I do support animal rescue in general and have sponsored friends - all I need to do is see the sign-up sheet. Under no circumstances indicate the need to educate your co-workers - they already know.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
banned user

Good luck with this, Iggette.

Prin, you've mentioned that dog a few times now. He really seems to have grabbed you by the heart. I think an adoption is in order!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Personally, I would take a more subtle approach. Distribute the pamphlets, but without photos.
I won't look at anything with graphic pics of abuse either, but we are not the people who need to be jolted. For many people that's the only way to make them understand.

Sad photos, like the one above, I dont' mind IF the story has a happy ending.

You can include this picture of my dog Chloe when I got her, starved and infested with parasites including heartworms. But she certainly had a happy ending.
Attached Images

Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
banned user

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!poor Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Flower
Prin, you've mentioned that dog a few times now. He really seems to have grabbed you by the heart. I think an adoption is in order!
I'm already at my quota while we still live in the city (law is max 2)... I'll just borrow doggies till I get a farm...

Besides, with a face like that, he's probably already gone.
Old June 4th, 2005, 06:53 AM

What a great idea and good luck with spreading the word. If you look on the website www.rescuemewalk.com you will see a few 'Happy Tails'. These are some stories of a few rescues with pictures.

If there is a particular one you would like to use, let me know and I will see if I can obtain permission for you.