Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old July 17th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Update Rottielover?

I know your bf is back this week, you must be so happy! Have you made plans with Julie Sansregret the trainer as agreed with my rescue GSRT? We're looking forward to an update! Julie has not been in touch with Laureen yet, so we wanted to check and see when classes start.
Old July 17th, 2005, 08:15 PM

As long as this thread stays civil, it will stay open. But we are watching closely.
Old July 17th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

This really should have been a private message.

But since it was posted it is being moved to the On topic forum.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Rottie owner and lover

He just got back today. . I have to admit I have yet to speak to julie. I was in the hospital for a couple days, so had other things on my mind. I will speak to BF to see when he can do it, then call her. The second he came home, she ran to her crate and peed. so much for improvement.......It is something about him, because she was fine with my male friends.
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Senior Contributor

could it be a former owner that reminded him of your bf abused him? Same aftershave....same deoderant?
Old July 18th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Are you sure your BF has not hurt, frightened, or abused her? I know we hate to think someone we care about would do these things, but it happens all the time.

For this dog to submissively urinate in his presence, yet be fine with other men certainly would make me wonder.
Old July 18th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Rottie owner and lover

He has NEVER......EVER touched her. I do the traing, and the corrections. There is something about him that frightens her. especially inside. Outside she will play ball with him
Old July 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital, I hope you are okay now.

I am approaching this from a civil platform

I suppose just be honest with us and please tell us if you still have interest in keeping your beloved dog. You see this mesg was posted on another site just yesterday. If you're not keeping her just tell us, there are many here that have wanted to help and there's that 'free' obedience. So the bf came back home and now this post is up on another site.

I'm sure you can clear this up for us, did you make some sort of a decision? I didn't post your contact information as indicated on the advertisement, but it's your email and there was a phone number I didn't feel appropriate to post on here.

Quote:
NEEDS NEW HOME (7/17/105)
DESCRIPTION:

In D.D.O,montreal quebec. An amazing dog is now looking for her forever home. I had rescued her from the spca 2 years ago, now unfortunetly with absolutely no fault of her own must find a new home. She is a 2 1/2 yr old female Lab mixed with rott. Spayed, good with children, obedient, crate trained. And a great alarm dog. Not a barker. I am in tears writing this. Please call if you can give her the love we gave to her. Serious calls ONLY

Old July 18th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Rottie owner and lover

As I sent to poodle talk, that I still want to try with her, but to keep the option open. I do not want anything to happen too fast, that is why I wrote it. I love her, and want to do good by her, but depending on the training, I may not have any other option. I am having a breakdown from stress at work, and at home, and I need to figure this out soon...... I have been away from work the past week, that is why no update sooner.
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I'm sorry I know nothing about your mesg with poodletalk.

Stress can definitely take a toll on us so I hope you find some form of relaxation to reduce your stress.

I think if you give the obedience training a try (well bf give a try) then that will reduce your stress.

The only issue is, is he willing and does he like her and want her there? Maybe your stress is not knowing what to do with the situation.

Wanting to make a go out of it but then also posting her for adoption is really not making a decision.

I say make a strong decision either way and stick with it. Go with your heart and what your heart says. Often we bring much on ourselves which can be avoided.