Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old November 16th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Smart dog?

So I get home yesterday. Reach up the stairs (past the kid guard) and let puppies out the back door. They ran out and soon were at the door wanting to come in. Mind you I haven't said hello yet so they are bouncing around all excited (nice to feel needed). I let them in and tell them to sit. They both do so but are so excited that they are wiggling all around. They both stand up and start toward me for their hello hugs. I said firmer SIT!. They both dropped their butts and looked all emotionally hurt (you know the look). So I back up and Mini (the little girl) starts dragging her but toward me. Not in the "my butts itchy, stop looking at me" type of drag, but she was "sitting" and wanted her hello hugs.

So there I stood, watching my little puppy trying to stay sitting while still dragging herself over without using her back legs. How the heck do you deal with that. I'm thinking (as I'm giggling) I said sit...she's sitting. I didn't say stay or wait. I never taught them a "stop dragging yourself over for a hug" command.

Anyhow, that had to be the cute action of the day. Makes you wonder how much brains are actually rolling around in there for her to follow the command YET still get what she wants :]
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:03 PM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

Tons and tons of brains roll around in their heads, and get put to great use, such as in your case. Thanks for the giggle Miker, I can just imagine that scene
Old November 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM

Doggies are masters of fine print... "You didn't say 'sit still'..."