Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 4th, 2008, 04:32 AM

Question kitten gas

Poor Mew has gas. How do I relieve trapped gas in a 3-4 week old kitten? I have massaged her belly a little and she smells like rotten eggs when she burps.
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sounds like a vet visit to check for parasites.

What food are you feeding your little one? Grains or poor quality food can cause tummy upset. My foster kittens did very well on Kitten Wellness canned or even better a prepared raw diet with ground bones (Natures Variety). Both can be found at your local quality pet food store. Did the vet give you any kitten formula?

Just read your other posts about this kitten, poor little sweetie should still be with his momma.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey

Last edited by Love4himies; June 4th, 2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Red face thank you

I'm feeding Mew KMS, before that it was evap milk(the cat book said to and so did Mew's vet) and chicken baby food puree mixed with baby chicken veg.(which I stopped b/c the veg. had onion powder--which may or may not be the blame for the gas). The gal that had her for two days fed her baby formula. I'm assuming that all these changes to her diet may be to blame. She pooped this morning and it was a glob(it wasn't hard or runny so I was happy). She doesn't seem to be in pain, and I'm getting her to burp a little after her feedings. She sleeps on a heating pad(which always helps me when I have stomache bubbles). The vet said on Tues. she looked good and actually gave deworming medsmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn(she just typed on the comp .). She's active.
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillibou View Post
I'm feeding Mew KMS, before that it was evap milk(the cat book said to and so did Mew's vet) and chicken baby food puree mixed with baby chicken veg.(which I stopped b/c the veg. had onion powder--which may or may not be the blame for the gas). The gal that had her for two days fed her baby formula. I'm assuming that all these changes to her diet may be to blame. She pooped this morning and it was a glob(it wasn't hard or runny so I was happy). She doesn't seem to be in pain, and I'm getting her to burp a little after her feedings. She sleeps on a heating pad(which always helps me when I have stomache bubbles). The vet said on Tues. she looked good and actually gave deworming medsmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn(she just typed on the comp .). She's active.
I would only think evaporated milk and baby food was an emergency substitute only until you can get to the vet to get kitten formula. This kitten if it is 3-4 needs kitten formula and a high quality canned kitten food. Kitten digestive systems are like any infant, not fully developed and can be very touchy. Sorry I have no idea what KMS is?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Wink Ooooops

KMR.

I bought the kitten formula at petco.

The others were immediate substitutes and I am not using them anymore.