Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old November 18th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Wow Puppyluv, that's great! Mexico would do just fine too! I think if I could pick a spot to go to... it would be the Rain Forest.. there's a trip you can do through it on horseback staying at bed n breakfasts along the way, we considered it for our honeymoon but DH isn't a horse kind of guy.
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:53 AM

Hate to be the one to jack the thread back from where it's gone, it is hilarious! I just wondered if it's considered thread jacking when the original author changes the subject?

Children are best enjoyed with a glass of wine, or other favorite beverage while they are sleeping, just don't choke on the bones! Oops this isn't the recipe thread! My bad!

Where is the pic of Mathew Mc?? Please tell me so I can fuind it, there are sooo many threads to look thru. This is going to drive me crazy! OOps too late!

Last edited by gottahavepets; November 18th, 2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old November 18th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Do a search for the 'Walking Joey at 5am is it safe' thread and click on the third page. I don't know how to link threads, but I know it can be done.

Did you see my earlier post? Guess who is People magazine's sexiest man alive????
Old November 18th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Even with his gut hanging out and size 22 I think he'd be the sexiest man alive, and there's always his voice :sigh! Hubba Hubba
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:59 PM

Matthew McConaughey? Blah, he's all your gals. Heath Ledger on the other hand...

Favorite colour? Red.

Chef's meal? Creme Brule, Ceasar salad, roasted eggplant and porto mushrooms with homemade herbed bread, real butter, goats cheese, vegetarian filet mignon and.... um.... oh I'm gettin hungry

Beverage? Red wine, gin and tonic, bubbley white wine.
Attached Images

Old November 18th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Personal servant to Joey

originally posted by puppyluvPuppyluv
Quote:
Ooo Ooo I do! I do! I leave for Bermuda tomorrow for a week It's my mom's 50th birthday (shhhh I didn't tell you all that ) and my mom and dad left today, and my dad bought my brother and I tickets to meet them there tomorrow and suprise my mom, who thinks that we're stuck in canada
that will be so much fun, I love family holidays to tropical places this is a first for us. Hopefully the grandparents will do some baby sitting for us while we go to the market and to the discoteque oh my got has that word been used since the 70's. I feel like dancing dancing dancing I'm a dancing machine

Kayla originally posted

Quote:
Matthew McConaughey? Blah, he's all your gals. Heath Ledger on the other hand...
personally I dont really go for long haired men, whats the consensus, I may like Heath if he got a haircut though.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I love them both
The last picture I saw of Heath, he had a shaved head, but I don't keep up on celebrity hair styles enough to know if it's still short
Attached Images

Last edited by Puppyluv; November 18th, 2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Not quite sure what the "attached image" is above, but here is what it was supposed to be:
Attached Images

Old November 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Heath is nice, but I'll stick with Matty...
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:29 PM

You just have to watch a Heath movie and then you'll understand.:love:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey's mom
But you are such an experienced winter driver you wouldnt need them. If you kept heading south to Florida then you wont need them. Just let all our southern members know you will be stopping in for a visit.
Yeah, I'm an awesome driver , but my current tires are way too bald to get me to school on a wet day so I wouldn't get too far.

On the upside, I sold my old snowpants to my bro for $200! Yey! (Just so you know, I didn't rip him off, they were $600 snowpants, the best snowpants ever created ever. They were Haakenpants... Anybody remember Terje Haakenson?? He is a living legend of snowboarding. I figured, I can't squeeze my hiney in them anymore, so I gave them to my skinny vegan bro. Moral of the story: don't buy $600 snowpants at the peak of anorexia... ) So now I'm halfway to having winter tires. Although, I'm a little hesitant to get my tires because we've been getting flurries every day for the past week while I've been waiting for the tires, and I'm worried that if I finally get them on, the flurries will stop.:sad:

(look out folks, she's talkative tonight! )

Puppyluv, have a great trip. We'll be expecting pics. Where is your doggy going while you're gone? How is her ring worm?
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin

Puppyluv, have a great trip. We'll be expecting pics. Where is your doggy going while you're gone? How is her ring worm?
Thanks I'll bring back some pics of the beach etc. (not me on the beach, just the beach, and maybe some randomly good-looking people on the beach) It's supposed to be about 24 degrees, so not "oh my good god I think I'm going to melt" hot (which I actually adore) and not "oh my god, I live in Canada" cold. (which I actually hate) A nice compromise I think.
Layla's in the kennel... she loves it there, i spend the week missing her like crazy, and she spends the week playing (she goes into doggy day care during the day, and gets to play with all the working mommy and daddy's doggies). Her ring worm is gone, but it doesn't look that way. The scar was pretty bad (as I mentioned in the whisker thread) and it's going to have to be removed because it's proliferating into a benign tumour. But the vet and I agreed that since it's not urgent, and is really at more of a vanity stage right now, that it should wait until after she gets back from the kennel.
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Originally posted by Prin
Quote:
On the upside, I sold my old snowpants to my bro for $200! Yey! (Just so you know, I didn't rip him off, they were $600 snowpants, the best snowpants ever created ever. They were Haakenpants... Anybody remember Terje Haakenson?? He is a living legend of snowboarding. I figured, I can't squeeze my hiney in them anymore, so I gave them to my skinny vegan bro. Moral of the story: don't buy $600 snowpants at the peak of anorexia... ) So now I'm halfway to having winter tires. Although, I'm a little hesitant to get my tires because we've been getting flurries every day for the past week while I've been waiting for the tires, and I'm worried that if I finally get them on, the flurries will stop

my snow tires were cheaper than your snow pants. I am looking for $20 snow pants so I can walk accross the street and tobaggan down the hill, or go to tube town. I dont ski so we do tube town. You go up a hill that has a rope tow and then you innertube down it, its lots of fun. Especially if you link four or more tubes and you spin all the way down the hill. I dont remember Terje Haakenson but he must be making a killing on snow pants.
Get the tires than you'll have peace of mind and you'll be safer.

Old November 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM

LOL No... Terje isn't making a killing anymore. Nobody remembers who he is. When snowboarding first appeared in the Olympics, they were all anxious for him to compete and he wouldn't. He said that snowboarding is about competing with yourself and about doing it for the sheer pleasure of the sport. It's not about competing for a piece of metal just so you can impress people. He is, in my view, the greatest snowboarder who ever lived, and he disappeared because snowboarding got too mainstream in the wrong way.

Those pants were expensive, but I swear, worth every penny. You could sit in a puddle for hours and never get wet. I went snowboarding in freezing rain in those pants and everybody was soaked to their undies and I was so dry, I drove home in my snowpants. Truly the best snowpants ever created. And to top it off, they were stitched in such a way that when you bent your knees, they bent with you. My brother was a skeptic too, but he tried them on and is now a true believer of the Haakenpants. (Just wait till he goes riding in them.)

Who'd have thought so much could be said about snowpants.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Quote:
Thanks I'll bring back some pics of the beach etc. (not me on the beach, just the beach, and maybe some randomly good-looking people on the beach) It's supposed to be about 24 degrees, so not "oh my good god I think I'm going to melt" hot (which I actually adore) and not "oh my god, I live in Canada" cold. (which I actually hate) A nice compromise I think.
have fun in Bermuda Puppyluv, have you noticed its really hard to by summer stuff now. You'd think it was winter her or something.
We leave tommorow for Puerto Vallarta so we'll be offline for a week. Joey goes up to the kennel tommorow. I think he'll make some friends there, but we will miss him. Havent checked the temp in Puerto Vallarta maybe I'll do that now. Hope its not rainy season which I think it is.

Old November 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
owned by Tucker

It snowed last night, so who has there christmas tree up?
Old November 24th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Personal servant to Joey

Not us we will probably work on that when we get back from our trip. My hubby bought the kids a portable DVD player to watch movies while we wait in the airport.

Old November 24th, 2005, 09:49 AM

you know, this thread is a very clever idea to get us to ramble on willynilly, without threadjacking other posts!

I'm waiting for at least December to come, before I put up Christmas stuff.

Ebony - miniature schnauzer
Old November 24th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Personal servant to Joey

Its 6:50 am here I really need a coffee. My kids get to leave school early today to drive down to Vancouver, they are very happy about that.

How do you keep a 4 and 7 year old up to 1am in the morning? Thats tommorow night we leave just after midnight. I was maybe going to try and keep them up late tonight so the sleep in and will stay up later. There sleep schedules are going to be really muddled up. At least there is no time change where we are going.

Old November 24th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Personal servant to Joey

I did get my outside lights up though. Except we lost our outdoor timers so I dont know if they will be on when we go away.

Old November 24th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy lover
It snowed last night, so who has there christmas tree up?
I still don't have my snow tires! (see rant in off topic)
I cancelled all my appointments for today. SNOW DAY !!!!
Old November 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I forgot, you all are in Canada. I was wondering why you cancelled appointments -- really wondering why you had any appointments today. I'm thinking, wow, what a workaholic! It's Thanksgiving and you're still working!

So -- please don't be offended, but how am I going to know unless I ask right? Obviously Thanksgiving is a US holiday -- pilgrims and all that stuff, but do you have any holidays that are similar? Do you do anything today or around this time of year?
Old November 24th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Personal servant to Joey

I get today off because I work for an American company, I'm not complaining though. Although I did have to work the Canadian Thanksgiving.

Old November 24th, 2005, 10:53 AM

LOL LOL Jesse's mommy, you're hilarious! We have Thanksgiving, it's just in October.
Old November 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
personally I dont really go for long haired men, whats the consensus, I may like Heath if he got a haircut though.
I'm always dating myself again - I've always gone for that mischievious, boyish grin - like Mel Gibson, James Garner, or Brad Pitt.
Have a wonderful trip, Joey, and enjoy being with your family.
I may relax with my favorite beverage this Thanksgiving day - Vanilla vodka with Coke and a generous squeeze of fresh lime. Summertime drink, but hey, it's Calif! Right? And still warm enough to sit out on the patio when it warms up this afternoon.
Old November 24th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Lol Glassglass, that reminded me of the three weeks we spent in Arizona in February/March. Hubby and I were walking around in shorts and tshirts while the crew from LA and those from AR were wearing long pants and coats! They thought we were nuts. Kept saying it's freezing out.

I love the snow and so do the dogs. They look like polar bears today all covered in it as they are lying down enjoying it.
Old November 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM

I love the snow! Especially the first snow of the season. Always makes me want to put up xmas lights and go play in it. I'm from Vancouver BC where we'd be lucky if there was a white xmas, one great thing about out east, there is ALWAYS a white xmas!

Old November 24th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey.E.CockersMommy
I'm a bit of a sucker for shaggy guys myself, not a fan of the long straight hair look though, has to be curly.
Old November 24th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla
I'm from Vancouver BC where we'd be lucky if there was a white xmas, one great thing about out east, there is ALWAYS a white xmas!
How long have you been here? There were a few years where there was no snow on Christmas and it is so disappointing.. But this year's looking promising...
Old November 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
How long have you been here? There were a few years where there was no snow on Christmas and it is so disappointing.. But this year's looking promising...
Really? That suprises me! I've been here since 2000. Mind you I haven't been here for xmas every year, I usually go back west to spend it with family.
Old November 24th, 2005, 02:00 PM

Sometimes the snow all melts on the 23rd... We used to live up north and when we moved to the city, it was so sad around Christmas... We'd just sit there hoping there would be some snow for Christmas. Maybe all this global warming will make it more of a certainty... (Take the good with the bad, right?)