Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Gardening

Old May 29th, 2008, 01:20 PM
~Cat Servent~

If you can call this gardening...

Well this is my garden this year.... rocks and hens (as far as I know no chickens). I have to say I have got many compliments on my crazy cat fence though (courtesy of the dollarama- trying to deter CeCe the neighbourhood cat from pooping in the front flower bed!) And my awesome strawberries, I bought it in a hanging pot last year they are everbearing and man do they ever taste good! I have about 15 that are green already! I can't wait!
Attached Images

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM
~Cat Servent~

Just a couple of other favorite decorations... the acorn birdhouse and the flickering solar light (looks like a candle at night- I have 2). I also have a cat statue that looks like a cat snorkelling in a bird bath... don't have a pic yet though.
Attached Images

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Love your kitty fence! I've never seen one like it. Our strawberry season is just finishing. But we'll still have them from the coast.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Cute fence!! Come see me, I have chickens. That is if you meant hens and chickens the plant? You can come see me anyway even if you don't want chickens.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
~Cat Servent~

Next time I'm in Grimsby to see my brother I'll let you know... maybe I can stop in and snuggle a kitten or two!!!

My mom has the chickens.... lol... she calls them the penis plant, and that would be why I don't have any!

Old June 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Don't know how I missed this post, but I love the cat fence, what a great idea. Hanging strawberries I've never seen, but would love something like that. Did you get it at a garden centre or a grocery?
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM
~Cat Servent~

I believe I picked them up at Wal-mart in the garden center.... it was an impulse buy by the checkout, they said everbearing strawberries, so I thought what the heck! Turns out they really are hearty little plants.