Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 15th, 2005, 11:44 AM
<-----nut ball

pet stores downtown toronto

Anyone know any pet stores right in the downtown core?
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I didn't live in the downtown area,so I can't help.But what you can do is check the Yellow pages under Pets....
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Senior Contributor

watcha looking for? grooming, food, toys, sitting...???
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:50 AM
<-----nut ball

Good idea...but I haven't seen a physical "yellow pages" in years!! We don't even have them in Brampton. Last time I had a yellow pages was before I was in university, living with my parents.

I checked in my office, and we don't have one here either.

I was just going to see if I can find some things I haven't seen at other stores, also to check food prices...treats...jackets...etc...nothing specifically, just seeing if there is anything in walking distance of my work.
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

There's yellow pages in Brampton silly!!! In the back of the phonebook! There are yellow pages at phoen boothes too, if they haven't been ripped out...

check yellowpages. ca

ubran dog stores

here's link to some pet stores in Toronto, some are downtown...but I'm not sure where you are....
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingirl
Good idea...but I haven't seen a physical "yellow pages" in years!! We don't even have them in Brampton. Last time I had a yellow pages was before I was in university, living with my parents.

K,that's just too funny.....LOL

How about doing a search on the net?
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:58 AM
<-----nut ball

tired that. closest I found was near UofT...still not close enough to walk to on lunch.
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Senior Contributor

What about this??

yellowpages
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

You could also try . canada 411 on the net

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

OMG raingirl, aren't you going for an investigators job!!!!!.
Just kidding LOL

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old February 15th, 2005, 12:28 PM
<-----nut ball

hahaha.

tried canada411.ca, 411.ca, and yellowpages.ca (which is the same as canada411.ca anyway) and the closest now is Spadine and King...still a little far...
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Where the heck are you located, roughly....

Some PI we got here eh Happycat?!!!

raingirl!

Old February 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

HEHEHE
Sammie

Old February 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM
<-----nut ball

Haha. Very funny!

I'm at York and Adelaide. I was hoping to find something in a 5-10 minute walking radius, so within a few blocks. You would have thought the eaton centre might have one, but they don't. They used to though...
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Talking Call me the PI

Here is pretty much every petstore in the GTA lol

LuckyDog
1652 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-536-WOOF
Email: LuckyDog@sympatico.ca
Welcome to LuckyDog, a "Do-it-Yourself Dogwash and Boutique" featuring a fully equipped facility for you to wash and dry your dog and leave the mess behind ! Full service grooming is also available! After the bath, dazzle your dog with the hippest gear- groovy collars and leashes, our own line of custom jackets, sofa blankets and beds. We offer a delicious selection of natural treats and only the best All Natural foods, dry and raw, and we deliver ! LuckyDog...helping you keep your pooch happy, healthy and stylin'!

Metro Hound
1003 Kingston Rd.
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-693-2951
Web: www.metrohound.com
Do-it-yourself dogwash and the coolest dog gear in town. Come and give your dog a bath in our spa-like facility and get a clean dog without the backache or the bathroom to clean up. We've got everything you need: premium shampoos, conditioners, towels, high-speed blowers, brushes, scissors, even nail clippers. Après bath, check out our fabulous selection of dog gear including stylish collars and leads, comfy beds, coats, dishes, toys, treats, and so much more. In the Beach at Kingston Rd. and Victoria Park Ave. Open Wed-Fri 11-7, Sat 9-6, Sun 9-5

PAWS-ITIVELY GORGEOUS!
Email: pawsitivelygorgeous@rogers.com
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-857-0817
Web: www.pawsitivelygorgeous.com
Too busy to take your dog to his or her grooming appointment? Don't want to go out in the rain? How about a professional grooming appointment in the comfort of YOUR own home, on YOUR schedule? What about helping a few homeless dogs in the process? Well, I have the solution for you busy people out there! Paws-Itively Gorgeous! is my new in-home dog (and cat) grooming service in the GTA. I will bring all the necessary equipment to YOU! I will give your pet that salon feel right in the comfort of their own home. Perfect for seniors or senior dogs! Visit my website for more information. $5.00 from your first grooming appointment will go directly to The Canadian Dachshund Rescue (just mention that you saw it on torontodogs.com) Professional Groomer, Certified in Pet First Aid, and 100% loving...Call now! Your dog will thank you!

Down/Midtown

Ac's Pet Supply House
2016 Bathurst
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-782-1062

Black's Pet Shop
999 Bloor W
Toronto, ON

Downtown Fine Pets
595 Bay
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-340-9442

Pet Valu
486 Lawrence W
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-789-2249

Pets Wonderful
609 Church
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-922-6698

Queen Pet Food
750 Queen E
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-466-3443

Tails Up
1662 Bayview Ave
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-481-9609

Village Pet Foods
557 Church
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-416-1928

West

Global Pet Food
2100 Bloor W
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-604-9272
Fax: 416-604-9272
Opposite High Park - a complete selection of dog and cat food. Sensible prices and air miles too!

Barks and Wags
4140 Dundas Street W
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-232-wags

Friends Pet Shop
328 Silverthorn
York, ON
Tel: 416-652-3743

kennel cafe
295 Roncesvalles
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-531-3177

Pet Guys
85 Kincort
York, ON
Tel: 416-242-7788

Pet Valu
1646 Bloor W
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-537-9240

East

Critter's Cottage in the Beach
2214 Queen E
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-698-0216

Jeff's Bark N' Scratch
2404 Danforth
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-424-2411

Mayer's Pet Shop
3038 Danforth
East York, ON
Tel: 416-694-5342

Paws and Claws
660 Eglinton E
East York, ON
Tel: 416-481-2441

Pets Place
1834 Danforth
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-778-9073

Petsmart
825 Eglinton Ave E
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-696-0388

Stop N Paws
1166 Queen E
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-463-7297

Small Wonders Pet Emporium Inc.
140 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, ON
Tel: 416-462-3773
Email: smallwonders@it.ca
Pet supplies and grooming salon.

North

PJ's Pet Centres Ltd
Yorkdale Shopping Centre
3401 Dufferin
North York, ON
Tel: 416-785-9991

Scarborough

Paulmac's Pet Food
2432 Eglinton E
Scarborough, ON
Tel: 416-285-8022
Dog and cat food and equipment, beds, leads and collars, jackets and boots. Grooming and training available too.

4 Paw Express
103 Haileybury Dr
Scarborough, ON
Tel: 416-266-1580
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Beat you to it dobermom!! I posted those in the Urban Dog link...

I got nothing else. Downtown is is really difficult to look for big box stores.. they have nothing down there... and many of the shops are small and not listed on the internet. You're just gonna have to go for a stroll... or wait until you get home... sorry!
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM

Talking Darn

I thought I did pretty well seeing as I am no where near Toronto lol, we have quite a few pet stores here seeing as I am 15 mins from the US border. Also petsmart has all their winter dog clothes on sale for about 75% off, got dexter a $35.00 sweater for $6.95. I was pretty impressed. Also walmart across the border has all their dog clothes on for $2.00. Needless to say they have almost as many clothes as me
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:52 PM
<-----nut ball

Oh well, worth a try.

I'm actually rather disenchanted with the stores in Brampton. Maybe you could suggest one sammie? I have been to the pet valu's at Kingspoint plaza and Shoppers world, as well as both super pets, and can't really find anything, like soft beef free treats or a jacket for Odin. They also don't have much selection on leashs as we are looking for a "convertable" nylon one for training, and no one has one.
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Dont' sweat it dobermom, you done good!

Maybe this was the boss's skill testing question for raingirl... and she's using us for the answer!! LOL
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

I go to the SuperPet at 410 and Steeles. That's the best one. They have everything. I get the food there, or at PetValu... We've got boots, coats, toys, chew toys, chuck its, nylabones... everything from that SuperPet! Sorry... Pet Valu has crap for coats and no booties. SuperPet has cookies that are all fruit and vegetable - they might be good for Odin... they are Wellness brand, not very inexpensive though...

There's also a PetsMart at Britannia and Mavis (Heartland Town Centre) in Mississuaga... they don't have a very good selection for coats/ boots etc.

Nyla Bones are a good option for Odin to chew I think. They break off in itty bitty pieces so they're nothing for him to swallow, and he shouldn't have an allergic reaction to them!!!

None of the pet stores are that great.. but what can you do...there's nothing too special about any of them actually...
Old February 15th, 2005, 12:57 PM

I dont really like superpet as some still support puppymills but I would suggest Petsmart. I am sure there is one in Brampton. I can get sweaters for anything from Bull terriers to yorkies. Not sure about the beef free soft treats but they have many holistic (sp) treats.
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:00 PM

oh and I also got super tiny chihuahua booties for my friend and extra large booties for my mother in laws dobie, both under $30 and protect against the elements quite well. I am going to go back and get some for dexter. He has pink feet and hates the snow.
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah, SuperPet has small animals and parrots. :sad: They don't have cats and dogs though...

PetsMart is not in Brampton, closest is Mississauga - 30 minutes.. They don't have a very good selection of foods and treats... majority of their food is filled with corn...and they are a BIG supporter of Iams... either way you go... there's a down side really...
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Raingirl try Helmutts on Queen St West but it is too far to go to at lunch it is right across from Bellwoods Park.
Helmutt's Pet Supply
863 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M6J1G4
(416) 504-1265
Will tell you Lucky Pet is a really nice store but expensive.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:02 PM
<-----nut ball

Nope. No petsmarts in Brampton.

I go to the same Superpet, 410/steeles, and we spent 40 minutes there sunday, and they did not have one coat that fit Odin, and no booties either. We had the staff running back and forth from storage trying all different coats, but nothing. Also, they don't sell Eagle Pack food and they don't have 6 ft nylon leashes for training. They also didn't have any liner matresses for crates.. so needless to say, they didn't have anything we needed. Also, both pet valu's were sold out of our food, and we had to order it. We have to pick it up tonight as we are all out! They only order one bag at a time they said. Well, we told them that they better start stocking it regularly!!
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM

Unhappy

Oh dear raingirl. My guys eat a brand similar to wellness. No corn no animal by products but I have to get it from the states. I know superpet has small animals etc but apparently in their northern stores as well as some southern ontario stores where they sell puppies. My mother and I were in one of their stores in Cambridge and they had about 30 puppies all in playpens and all for sale not adoption. Mainly mixed breeds like shepherd crosses and poodle crosses. You werent allowed to touch unless you were planing on purchasing. Very dissapointed. Although the worst is a petstore near my house, they have every fish you can think of and they all smell, and then they only have mixed breed puppies. All priced at over $800 and they offer financing. ARGH and i know the puppymill they get alot of their dogs and kittens from. There is also another petstore in the Niagara Square. Every Wednesday their fish are 1/2 price with no guarentee on health. They have puppy mill pups too, Saw chihuahuas in there for $2000 and they were only 6 weeks old. Made me sick
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Senior Contributor

PetValu on Bloor near my place has a lot of coats and they still had booties all on sale they are really helpful here and only do cat adoptions no selling pets
Pet Valu Discount Pet Foods
1646 Bloor W& Indian Road, Toronto, ON M6P1A7
(416) 537-9240
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Senior Contributor

I got a perfect leash at SuperPet... 6 foot nylon.. Did you check at the front near the Harley Davidson stuff? They have 6 foot leathers there as well.

The brand that I stick with is Canine Equipment... they are expensive, but the stuff is garaunteed for the life of the dog...

Briggs' coat

Brigg's leash

Brigg's collar

And finally;

her boots

All from SuperPet....
K, she's very spoiled... but the stuff is great, and well worth the cost in the long run...

EaglePack, yeah they don't carry simply because not as many people love their animals like we do!! They have Pedigree and ProPlan because people request it too often... :sad:
Pet Valu has EaglePack...
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Sorry, Raingirl. I know next to nothing about the west-end, and pretty much nothing about downtown Toronto. But here's a link to the Global & Ryan website and their list of locations. Maybe you can find something within reasonable distance to your home or work. They are pet supplies only (no live animals at all) and sell all the good stuff (Wellness, Nutro, etc...). http://www.globalpetfoods.ca/frameset.html

We got our 6ft nylon leash at WalMart. I'm very surprised that PetSmart doesn't have one. Have you tried on-line at http://www.petsupplyhouse.com/?

Good luck!

Last edited by Writing4Fun; February 15th, 2005 at 01:19 PM. Reason: ooops! typos!
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:20 PM
<-----nut ball

I was thinking for a coat the only place I may get one is www.chillydogs.ca as they have coats made for bulldogs.

We cleared out all the stock of Eagle Pack at both the local pet valu's!! It was hilarious! We told the guy, you better start stocking a lot of this, as we need it!! Odin can only eat their fish based one.

The leash the trainer suggested we get has metal rings at about 4 places on the leash, so you can hook it on things, etc, with the clasp...don't know what it's called, but can't find one anywhere.