Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 12th, 2003, 10:30 AM

Unhappy Sick Pit Bull

We have a 1yr old American Pit Bull that I found Friday night very sick. He was vomiting, lethargic, not walking, dehydrated and just pretty much waiting to die. My husband picked him up and we stayed up all night with him. I went to the hometown vet that night and she gave me 2 shots and some pills without ever offering to see my sick baby. I cared for him all day the next day giving him bits of water and pedialyte and he seemed to be better during the day but that night took a turn for the worse so we loaded him up and took him to a different vet 30 miles away. The new vet started him on an IV and has had him since Saturday night. He only vomits when he drinks water but is so dehydrated his coller is hanging almost off his neck. He is a 75lb dog and the vet weighed him in at 57lbs. Vet cannot tell what is wrong with him. He ruled out Parvo and all other typical dog diseases and it is pretty much coming down to he ate something or was poisoned. My husband got him for me for a wedding present and we have no children. He is like our child. The bloodwork comes back today and we will know exactly what is wrong with him and go from there. Every day he is improving more. He is starting to jump on Jason and love on him when he visits him at the puppy hospital. Any ideas on what it is would be helpful. Thanks.