Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old September 14th, 2005, 12:51 PM

Talking I want to thank ALL the members here!

I just wanted to say this:

To all members, newbies and seniors, young and old who are part of this site:

Thank you for being here through the good times and bad. I feel like I can tell you all "most" anything that happens in my life, and it's because of this FINE group of people that my eyes were opened to adopting a shelter pup.

Without all of you my life would still be empty - puppyless.

I have learned MUCH at this site, and have watched people learn much too. We've all helped each other be better "parents" to our beloved pet companions.

I am not in rescue, nor am I a vet. BUT, you all have taught me more than I could have learned in 10 lifetimes. You are all wonderful, and I thank my lucky stars I met you all. Thank you for being you!

I'm not leaving (that I know of - marko, am I?). I just wanted to say that!

Thank you all!

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:30 PM

Yey members!! I just love that there are so many so you get 20 different opinions in a matter of hours.
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Trinitie,I know what you mean... I,being a cat-owner have learned more about dogs than I ever knew,to the point where people sometimes ask me for non-healthrelated advice and if I don't know I'll point them towards this site.
I have also learned,I am not the only animal-nut out there and it's good to know when some people consider me a "little off the wall"
+ I have made some good new friends :love:
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Senior Contributor

I know what you guys mean. I love all the input and assistance I get here, and the chance to share some stories and such. And to offer our little bits of help and support. Who'd have known six months ago that a young girl (that's you Prin) - younger than my own son - would be giving me such great support and advice with my doggy issues. I feel like I know everyone here and just want to hug em all
Old October 6th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I am not one for internet sites and forums.

But somehow this site sucked me in and I am a better dog owner and person for it. I love the people here and I feel like I have known you guys forever.
We all share a common bond and I will reiterate what chico said I never knew anything about cats just dogs and now Im giving speeches on declawing and changing the litter box consistently....

lol most cat owners want to tell me to shove it cause ' you dont even own one" well I do know that ripping their poor little claws out is inhumane. Oh and the fact that I am apart of a not so secret society called pets.ca that gives me all the animal powers in the world.
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I have to agree I have learned so much about cats not being a cat owner I knew nothing now I also freak out about declawing and other inhumane treatments. Thanks to all the cat owners especially Lucky you really opened my eyes.In fact have helped with a couple of little guys recently to spay & neuter and found homes for them. I knew lots about giant and large breeds but have learned about the little guys too. I have to say little to me was anything below 80 pounds. I really feel there is a great group of people here and I think we all teach each other from our experiences.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you mastifflover, and thank YOU for being kind and compassionate and giving two kitties a new life!
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:44 PM
owned by Tucker

I'm glad to have friends like you guys on this forum, I believe I joined after I lost my dog Travis when I posted him on the pet cemetary. It has been a great journey with all of you and I hope many more. I have learned alot, from all of you, especially Lucky, Luba, Tenderfoot and many more. I am really impressed with the amount of people that helped out Pags concidering that really you don't know her, it just goes to show you that there is hope for the human race.
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:56 PM

I agree. This is the best place for dog people to learn about cats. We have so many pros here. I think we all make a good team- whatever question one doesn't know the answer to, a few of the others do. I think that is so great and so many animals are helped because of that. We have a big pool of knowledge here. Hey, we should put out a textbook. "The Pets.ca text of fact and personal experience"...
Old October 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Senior Contributor

I too found Pets.ca because of a problem and have been here ever since.
Lucky was quick to respond as were several others.
I believe we are a very special group,although I do not do anything in regards to rescue,every happy ending,because of hardworking rescuers,give me new hope for humanity
It's a never ending fight for those who cannot help themselves and I for one,am very proud to know these wonderful people and people just like me,trying to do our best to ensure our animals will have a long and happy life.
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:10 PM

One day i was looking online to find information on how to get my cat smokey to pee outside i came across this forum and i posted... i received quite a bit of great advice and a week after i joined my cat baby got hurt... the morning that happened i posted in here for advice and help... you guys have helped me with every single problems, concerns, questions and worries. i know without you guys and this forum my cat baby wouldnt be doing as well as he is now. i could never have done this all on my own. Thank you everyone for being there. from the bottom of my heart and babys.... Thank you
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Wow thanks everyone!

That makes us feel really good. The goal of Pets.ca has always been pet information and it is an absolute pleasure to hear that people and their pets are getting the information they need, and learning new information as well.

The fact that we`ve also built a close community on the boards, have helped rescuers save pets and have helped individuals in needy times makes us really proud as well.

So thank YOU dear members and great mods for making this a great place to learn and share.

Kudos to good Karma!

Sincerely,

Marko
ADMIN
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I love this sight, and I realise now that I did make a mistake by rehoming my first dog. Sorry guys I dont ever intend to let it happen again. Thanks for accepting me after the fact. I still miss him especially when I see other huskies and malamutes on this sight.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!