Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 26th, 2005, 11:05 PM
banned user

Quote:
JessXx, are you staying at the training academy throughout the week?
Old June 26th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessXx
Well this is about Shyla... well its about ALL MY animals.

I guess this is gonna sound a bit negative but oh well...
I don't know if I should even have pets... they
seem bored, Shyla is always on her chain when shes outside
(I watch her and all that I ALREADY explained so please DONT talk
about the chain... if you feel the need to PLEASE PLEASE PM me.)
And she hates to play in the grass, when Pepper is around Shyla fights
with other dogs, when hes not around shes scared of them and just
tries to hide from them :sad: so whats the point of even taking her to
the stupid dog park ANYWAYS?? She hates it. She doesn't like toys anymore,
I mean she'll take a few toys but for the most part she doesnt like them...
She sits around on the deck if she's on her chain, she doesn't WANT to go in the grass, she doesn't WANT to play with Pepper, she wants to play with SOMETHING (like a human but of course that doesn't work out...) and shes so f****** scared of other dogs WHAT CAN I DO? She's so playful, but I can't play with her, Im not a DOG and she can't bite me or win a game from me or else she's gonna think shes the boss according to all the vets and books. SHE WANTS TO HAVE FUN. Pepper is older, he doesn't play the same as her. I want to extend her chain but she'll end up hanging herself on the stupid fence trying to leave (DONT EVEN GO THERE PLEASE) IM SO FRUSTERATED and SAD! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO...

Pepper, he doesn't use the yard. I see all these awesome posts about making this cool yard for your dog, or putting a 'dirt box' in your yard with toys in it for your dog to play in. Frankly I can't do it and I don't think Shyla or Pepper would give a ***** anyways, they wouldn't dig in it, they'd just crap in it. Then whats the use of that. Pepper doesn't care, I don't know what the heck they do all day, lie around when they're inside lie around when they're out... He barks at the other dogs. He hates other dogs, he bit someone (PLEASE DONT LECTURE ME ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT, I ALREADY HAVE help with that... so again IF you want to talk to me about it PM ME...)
HES A GRUMPY dog sometimes. He's afraid of men... he barks... what do I do?

I don't know, the yard sucks... its a grassy yard it has tree's. WE have a deck and a *****ty fence and two dogs who are socially screwed...
I have a hedgehog, he sleeps all day like any frigen hedgehog would and whats the point if he sleeps all day?? My degu has problems with his teeth because he refused to chew on the wood we gave him (I DONT WANT ANY SUGGESTIONS DONT EVEN PM ME OK!!) NOw we'll have to pay a vet bill... and I doubt theres anything the vet can do... (k I need 2 ask- his teeth are curved into his mouth, can the vet fix it?? Im so scared to even ASK)
And if theres nothing then we have to put my baby down...
IM MAD, IM SAD, IM SCARED and Im downright out of ideas...

sorry, not trying to be rude... just venting. if you take it personally don't post back, PM me if you feel the need to complain about my feelings...
OMG - That is exactly how I feel about my teenage daughters on a regular basis!!!!!!
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:28 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Flower
JessXx, are you staying at the training academy throughout the week?
I was going to ask the same thing.
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessXx

They get a lot of walks like at least 1 a day.

at least 1? how long is the walk??

my dog gets in teh very least 4, 20min walks a day with a big walk at night, lasting perhaps an hour or more depending on how much we have going on.

1 walk a day doesnt seem enough

maybe at least 2 moderate length walks a day might help

Eleni
"I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jungclaus
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Ask the vet to show you how to "file" or "clip" your degu's teeth, we had a squirrel that we raised and could not be re released into the wild because of some brain damage and we had to file his teeth on a regular basis, twice a week, took maybe a minute to do with just a nail file! No pain to him and he actually got used to it.

Is there anyway you could hook the dogs chain to a clothesline type contraption? that way she/he could run the length of the yard.
Old June 27th, 2005, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott
OMG - That is exactly how I feel about my teenage daughters on a regular basis!!!!!!
ROFL!!!! Yes yes!! I think I have this conversation about my kids at least twice a week with someone!!

Oh -- and as for tooth filing.. I had a bunny rabbit who had to have his teeth filed regularly. They would get so long they would curl back up on the sides and he'd look like some strange tusked rabbit... But it was no problem for the vet to clip and file them for him. We also were told to add extra roughage to his diet so that his own chewing could slow down the growing process. Don't know enough about your rodent critters to suggest what sort of roughage (our rabbit was given different types of hay in varying quantities.. pellet feed alone does nothing for their teeth...) -- but I'm sure your vet would have plenty of suggestions!