Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 3rd, 2002, 06:00 PM

Question 2 year old Dalmatian loss of bladder control

I am currently on vacation at my parents home in Ontario. I've been here for about 6 days and while here my dog has had the run of half the house, much like he does back home. Today, on two seperate occasions (5 hours apart), he's been unable to control his bladder and has urinated (little dribbles) on the carpet and floor. He was let out on a number of occasions before and has urinated prior to. This is very uncommon for him as he's been housebroken since he was a puppy and there has not been any incidents like this in the past.

Something that also is out of character is that yesterday, during the day, he was in his crate. While I was in the room, he began urinating in his crate (full stream). This is also VERY unusual as he never does this. Prior to this incident, he was let out about 2 hours before. This dog can hold it for much longer than he has been.

I'm not sure if the cause is behavioral or some type of infection/disease. He has been to my parents in the past and there have never been any problems. This time there is another dog with us, one that he has spent a lot of time with over the past two months. He has not been "marking" anything, it just seems like he has no control.

He's been drinking a little more water than usual and has active regularly. Of note, earlier today after an off leash run around a playground, he was on leash in my parents yard and in the course of 15 minutes, urinated in the middle of the yard (not up against anything) about 6-7 times in the same spot every two minutes??

If anyone knows what could be causing this or if it is a symptom to something, please let me know.
Old August 6th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Lab Loverr

Could it possibly be a bladder infection? Or maybe he is stressed out?
Soon to be proud mum of Gilgamesh. (Olde English Bulldogge)

*Lab Lover [COLOR=red]<3[/COLOR]