Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

cats....catch and release

It was recently brought to my attention that my cousin has been feeding 15 cats in an industrial part of Montreal..she told me that many people just drop cats off and hope they can fend for themselves....anyway, she really wants to help them and has asked me if I could help. She does not mind feeding them but she's afraid that 15 will turn into 30 in no time and she won;t be able to continue to care for them or protect them from a boss that would rather see them all round up and taken to the SPCA. She also beleives that some of them were at one point neutured or spayed because they never seem to reproduce....so..
Is there anyone who knows of any catch and release programs in Montreal. My cousin will help me catch them ( they like and trust her), but only if I know what to do with them when I get them.
I know summer is a very busy time for all the rescues, but would someone please PM me and give me some advise as to how to procede.

PS...one of these cats just had kittens...so if anyone wants any...please let me know

Thanks
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:07 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

No advice for you seeing as I am not in that area. Just wanted to say big giant for your cousin (and you for helping her) for feeding these lost innocents. What a gal!! you can find someone to help. Meahwhile, keep up the great work!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Try the Bond Foundation. Speak directly to Marjorie Bond if you can. I know they have done catch and release in the past.

But it's NOT ENOUGH Montreal!! HELLO Montreal SPCA?? When will you step up? I know, I know, you're run off your feet, Barnoti left you with a huge debt, yada yada. Nevertheless, without more direct action, this situation will just go on and on.
Old August 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys, I have just emailed Marjorie with my info. I hope I can help with this one.