Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM

I love my dogs more than myself :)

I was at the pet store the other night, browsing for half an hour for some new treats for my 2 little Pomeranians. I was searching for natural food and was thinking whether they would like them or not. Went home with whole bunch of different snacks from chicken strips to cheese sticks. They love them to death

Think back, I don't think I pay that much attention to myself when it comes to food. Heck, I don't even care if they're natural enough. I usually walk in and grab and go... Guess my babies deserve the best! Do you have similar experience?
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I have to say that my dogs and cats get better than myself. My daughter comes first of course, but the animals are next. I have not bought myself any new cloths in about 2 years...but my dogs have nice coats and boots. Cats have great toys.

I think alot of us are like this but really in order to keep the costs of using vet services down the road - we must give them quality food to ensure good health. I sort of look at it as a long term saving plan.
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:22 PM

I agree with you, Benmax. I know I tend to be more vigilant with the overall health of my girl, than I am with my own...

I can't speak for others, but I love to be needed by my dog. I am most willing, able and happy to be her voice as well as her full time care giver
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:28 AM

Yes I do the same things. I am very picky about what my kids eat and my dogs eat and always make sure that both of them have nice clothes and the dogs have warm jackets and then i feel gulity if I spend 20$ on a pair of jeans for myself.
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
-

omg here too I don't mind paying at the vet , even when it brings the bank account to $0.00 but I freak out when I have to pay for a simple oil change on my car it's been 2 1/2 years that I been to my doc , not even an annual check up

here it's :

1. pets
2. bills & mortgage
3. house repairs and maintenance
4. car
5. me

Last edited by Frenchy; November 28th, 2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
-

Yep, same here as well .....the fuzzbutts eat better than we do. Since being forced to take a big cut in income hubby and I eat alot more KD and hot dogs for supper just so we can keep them on the premium brands ....thank dawg we don't mind the stuff.

Don't buy them clothes as they're too big and don't need them but there are times when I swear I should have raincoats for them. Logan hates been dried off and his belly gets soaking wet with road dirt as well that gets splashed up when we go for our walks.

But they are my babies and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh man do I ever know what you are talking about. My cats eat way better than I do. I'm constantly buying them toys. Even if I suspect they might have something I take them to the vet. I don't even go to the doctor for myself as much as I should.

These are my babies. I want them to be happy and healthy.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:44 PM

I can't agree more with everyone! Our dogs eat way better than us. They get way more things than us too! Today I went and did errands on a rainy stormy day and most of what I bought was for them!
Lovey - Female Fawn Boxer (RESCUE)
Anakin - Male Brindle Boxer (RESCUE)

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mohandas Gandhi -

~Until there are none, rescue one ~

Boxer Rescue - www.rescueaboxer.com
Scentsy - www.ilovescents.ca
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM

I have my kids and my pets christmas shopping done and I havn`t even started on my husband. I think he would be mad if he knew the animals came before him. My chi`s do need coats and boots when it is -20 out.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Good to know not only my dogs are spoiled I have their annual vacc lined up, when to go vet visit. My last body check was probably five years ago! One thing they do best, they love me They never give me attitudes, they "always" do what I say! In quotes as they're not fully trained yet so sometimes they don't listen
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneater View Post
I think he would be mad if he knew the animals came before him.
My hubby knows my fuzzbutts come before him and I just told him to get used to it.
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Senior Contributor

It's the same with me...infact just a couple weeks ago, I went to buy some new jeans for myself (because I've lost a lot of weight thanks to stress and moving), I also need a couple sweaters and turtlenecks and socks. Well to make a long story short, I couldn't justify spending that much on myself, but my dogs all ended up with new jackets, a couple stuffless stuffies, and a big bag of dehydrated Lamb fillets and Bison livers.
I figure I can just do my belt up a couple extra notches for now
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Senior Contributor

im gulity too: brenda and the pins
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:06 AM

I started when I was about 7. Many nights I would end up sleeping in my dogs bed with my dog becuse I was worried she was lonly. During the summer my dog would love to stay outside because it was much cooler then in our house, well I would sleep in the dog house with her outside to make sure she was safe. Right now I have a 2 foot sliver of my queen bed and the rest of my fur babies are all tucked in, and i have even given up a few pillows. I have learned to sleep like a contortionist.