Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old July 25th, 2006, 03:37 PM

RIP Roxy...

She's not going to a new home after all. :sad: After going to the vet to be spayed before looking for her new home, it was decided that she was far too aggressive without my brother in her presence. She couldn't be rehomed in her condition, and keeping her in the city where any passer-by may have been in danger if she ever got loose was too high risk too, especially after it had already been established that she was an aggressive dog.

We just didn't know she could be like that.

Poor Roxy. Life just isn't fair.:sad:

RIP

Thanks to BMDLuver and BoxerRescueMTL for everything the past couple of weeks.
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:43 PM

:sad: Prin,

I know this must be tough for you. You have the best instincts and feel for doggies I've ever seen. I know that if that is what you and the vets decided, then it really was the best decision.

I'm sorry for your loss
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:53 PM

It is so hard. My dad was there too and we were all pretty quiet. None of us had ever put down a dog who wasn't old and ready to go... Roxy was so young. It was such a hard decision.

I try to make myself feel better by telling myself that maybe this short life was the best she could get and maybe there were just bad thoughts in her head instead of parks and bones and toys and things... (but nothing makes these even slightly ok- it's all just horrible). I mean, we hear about people putting down dogs all the time instead of rehoming them because they think the dog just won't survive without them, but in most cases they will survive. No matter how much we know about dogs, we never assume to be the best and know everything, and that was partly why my brother was rehoming Roxy- he was hoping somebody better with dogs could give her the time and expertise she really needed. But watching her face change from super aggressive and scary when BMD was tapping on the glass, to happy and elated when she realized my bro was there, I realized that he was the best for her, and even that wasn't enough.

My bro did the best he could after this dog was left with him while its owner "went on vacation" and never came back.

It's just sad and terrible.:sad:
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

I'm sorry again Prin. You and your family did your very best. There's nothing to say to make you feel better, but I hope you all find comfort in your memories of Roxy.

Big hugs.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 25th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Thanks. I told BMD, I just don't know how you guys do this. I just fall apart completely. You all are just amazing.
Old July 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I'm so sorry Prin. I really wish it had turned out differently.
Old July 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM

Oh Prin, I can imagine how hard it would be for you to make this discission, Yes I feel this was the best thing for this girl as she is now relaxed and at peace, you know exactly where she is not laying awake at night wondering Please rest assured that you did everything in your power to make her life better now you have a named Roxy looking down on you, RIP beautiful girl
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

:sad: OMG Prin, I am so sorry. RIP sweet angel. How sad life can be:sad:
I know this decision was not made lightly and you did what you felt was right.
Old July 25th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Thank you Cpietra.