Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 11th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Sleep..What is that?!?

How often do you just "watch" your furries?

I managed to sneak this pic of them just being them.
Attached Images

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's a very soothing pic, TacoGirl. Something very 'Zen' about it...

I'm usually too busy chasin' our guys around to just sit and watch them.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM
-

I don't have cable anymore , with 3 dogs and 4 cats , I have enough entertainment ... but like Hazel , I don't get too much "sitting and watching"

what I didn't know is .... I still am the one who mainly has to entertain them
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Aww what an awesome pic, TacoGirl!
I love to watch Scruffy sleep, esp when he's dreaming. Otherwise it's kinda hard - he doesn't sit still very long.
Old April 11th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Contributor

That's a sweet picture.

I watch my gang often, especially when they found something new that interests them. Watching them sleep makes me smile. I know they feel safe when they just sleep anywhere, and that makes me happy.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Remembering Lukka

I watch Mishka all the time. I don't let her in the yard unattended, so even when I'm just watching her, I'm actually watching her!
Old April 11th, 2009, 05:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I can't help but watch mine! Everywhere I turn there's some type of pet!!! Actually, I love to watch my little ones playing and interacting together and with me. My favourite parts of the day.
Wonderful reflective pic.
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Thx...I really like that pic too...took it a couple of days ago...I was taking laundry out of the dryer and caught them out of the corner of my eye...very calming and very rare to catch them not jumping on each other! I love that they are comfortable with each other and have bonded so...my eyes are tearing up LoL!

It's funny, most times their antics are better than any TV show on to watch, but to catch them when they don't know you are watching them is priceless.

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

I watch my guys a lot. They make me laugh so much with their antics. I really enjoy being with them. , OMG, I should get a life

By the way, I love your picture they look so peaceful.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Senior Contributor

I watch mine all the time playing together. My kitchen window looks out into the backyard so if I'm doing anything at the counter I can watch the dogs playing when they're out there. They interact differently when I'm not there than when I am out with them. I love to see them having fun running/chasing/stalking each other. Or "guarding" the yard from on top of the "houses" they have for shelter. Thunder used to like to get up high on anything he could and keep an eye on things from there, now it seems he has also taught Flurry and Dru to do the same. I have one shelter set up on my back deck for the dogs and if I go into the bathroom and open the frosted glass pane to see out, sometimes they're up high looking back at me. Or they know when I'm in the kitchen and look over towards that window from up there. I've tried taking pictures through the windows but they didn't turn out so good.

I especially like to watch Dru playing in the yard. It's always said that you need to exercise/play with your dog, you can't just expect them to entertain themselves. And I agree, they do need that interaction and play time with you. But, Dru also loves to entertain himself. Even when all the dogs are out there, once they're done running and playing and are just sitting or laying around, he will get a toy and fling it all over the place - up in the air, across the yard, etc. and catch it, pounce on it etc. He never seems to get tired of doing that all by himself.

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:55 PM

I often watch, at least until they catch me. We have two cats (and three dogs) who start to play around 9 pm. One will hunker down at the bottom of the stairs and wait until the other walks by, jumps out at her, and the chasing starts! As soon as one of them spots you looking, they stop and start to clean themselves...almost like they're embarassed they were seen in a moment of abandoned play.
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Live well, laugh often

Add me to the constant watchers . I was away last week without them and it feels like such a big part of me is missing when they aren't around .
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:00 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
I watch my guys a lot. They make me laugh so much with their antics. I really enjoy being with them. , OMG, I should get a life
LOL ....that is my life.
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM

I watch mine all the time. I love to sit and just watch Mac sleep. Since he went deaf I can do this and not wake him. I love to see him so peaceful.

My little Tipper was wonderful to watch. She would sit on my lap and snuggle and sigh. I couldn't help but watch her and feel my heart fill with emotion that I could cause this much contentment and love from any creature. I miss my girl so much.

Now Cassie....she is so active and fun to watch in a different way. I cannot catch her at rest or asleep. She responds to everything. No passive watching, but she is still lots of fun to see. I love seeing her play with toys, something my older dogs lost interest in doing.
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I watch mine when i get a chance.they can make for a good laugh and i enjoy watching Jag run.nice pic by the way.
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

As much as possible. It's hard not to watch my one cat Bobee, as soon as I sit down to watch tv...plop!! On my lap or actually he prefers my shoulder. Coco my other cat follows me around as much as the dog does! If I'm in a room, there's usually one of them with me. If I close the bathroom door and Coco is outside it, he sits there crying like he's lost his last friend!!
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM

I like to watch the dogs, Mickey and Arielle, when they are sleeping. It's also fun to look at the cats, Kira and Jadzia when they are sound asleep especially if they are in really cute or weird positions! But nothing beats looking at cats grooming themselves; the way they cleans their faces and behind their ears is just mesmerizing. I could watch them for hours!
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM

Very nice picture! I love to watch my two Rotties. Everything they do can entertain me. I love watching them play with their toys, interact with each other, watch for cats or squirrels outside, make their 'nests' on the bed, investigate smells on our walks, and when they sleep.

-Elsie
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Kitty pimp

i can spend an evening watching du and watchung and just looking at amanda brings a chuckle almose any time
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM

i love watchin my little ones whip around the house... but the best is watching them cuddle together.
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM

I watch ours more than I watch T.V. I love watching them sleep, talking to the birds they see through the window and I think they really like the new house as they seem to play a lot more. Nothing more fun than watching a cat with fluffy paws slip and skitter over laminte floors chasing/pouncing on a toy mouse or some little piece of fluff she find floating around.....the feet are moving but she's not going anywhere and then all of a sudden zooom she gone, reminds me of the road runner.