Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old January 28th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Leeta's Family

Thought you'd like to see Leeta's gang all grown up so to speak. Kitten #1,2,5 &6 are all already adopted and will be going to their new homes in two weeks. Leeta is adopted as well and will be leaving on Wednesday. All went through pediatric altering with the exception of #2 who was not ready yet, so will try again in two weeks time. He won't be leaving until it's done to be sure. So #3 and #4 are both still available. They are lovely little one's and I'm sure there will be some tears as each one leaves but they are getting wonderful homes.
Attached Images

Old January 28th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Senior Contributor

I just got an email last night from two lovely girls and their dad and they are looking for two kittens.

I'll email right away and let them know there are two available, if they havent' found any!!
Old January 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Why aren't the all greys as in demand as the others? What's wrong with all grey? (Have we had this conversation before? hmmm...) All grey kitties are the nicest ones in my experience (they bite me the least...).
Old January 28th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG!! They are just soooo adorable! You've done so well with them. Bravo!!!
Old January 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG for sure,they are cuter than cute...makes me sad I cannot have any more kittens:sad: But I am really happy it worked out,even the mommy has a home,that's wonderful
Old January 28th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Contributor

CK,did you see the beautiful Siamese from Lancaster and her Oriental short-haired companion,beautiful cats!!Declawed on all four paws:sad:
Old January 28th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Got someone else looking for little kittens. We passed on your site so hopefully you'll get a call and a suitable home!

Quote:
Why aren't the all greys as in demand as the others?
You know the expression "All cats are grey in the dark"?

Grey cats don't have as much appeal as others and seem to be seen as boring or too common. In my experience, orange tabbies are the most popular, with calicos close behind. In other words, colourful cats are the easiest to rehome.

Tuxedos are fairly popular, and polydactyls too. People also seem to like tabby boys.

Black cats - people either love them or hate them.
Old January 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW I never knew colour was such a big deal...In my book...I adopt only if it has fur, paws, wiskers,tail-not necessary, and is breathing
And PRIN....2 gray + 2 blacks= perfection besides I think your puppies would like feline company
Old January 28th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Thanks LR. Haven't heard from anyone yet but for sure 3 of the four are guaranteed adoptions, 4th is being seen Monday, so leaves the 2 little gaffers. And quite frankly, the short grey haired one happens to be my favorite, maybe because it was the smallest and seemed the most vulnerable but I'm a big suck for that.
Old January 28th, 2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Why aren't the all greys as in demand as the others? What's wrong with all grey? (Have we had this conversation before? hmmm...) All grey kitties are the nicest ones in my experience (they bite me the least...).
Gray kitties and black kitties are my favorite too.

One day, when I don't have a full house... then, when I don't have the outside kitties to rescue....then when I don't find anymore stray kitties in the backstreets of MTL, then, I'd love to adopt a gray kitty!

BMD,
I can't imagine you'll have any problems with the last two, they are just so irresistable!
Old January 28th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I hear you catsnatcher... too many cats, not enough homes.. so hard to help them all. That's why we personally have a 10year old Tabby/Tortie that no one would ever adopt. She's not fancy but we love her anyways.

I was actually surprised at how rapidly there was an interest in the kittens. I thought I would have the gang for another month easily. It's a good thing but I don't think I was mentally prepared for how quickly they would be adopted.. thank heavens I have two more weeks with the little gaffers.
Old January 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I was actually surprised at how rapidly there was an interest in the kittens
That's because it's January and all the litters being born outside die and kittens are scarce.

You're lucky you didn't get them in July.

I hope one of the people call you!!
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Rescue
That's because it's January and all the litters being born outside die and kittens are scarce.
That's so sad. I didn't think of it until you said that. Now need to find a happy thought for the day. :sad:
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Ummm...is No.4 a female?
Old January 29th, 2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16
And PRIN....2 gray + 2 blacks= perfection besides I think your puppies would like feline company
LOL Besides not knowing about raising kitties at all (other than being the master of getting bitten), the man is far too allergic... No kitties for me...
Old January 29th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Yeppers, #4 is female.
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:42 PM

Hi everyone!

These kittens are all adorable!

Some of you may remember the stray that adopted my son after the owners had abandoned it on moving day. I adopted him. He was long-haired, very dirty and not fixed, but his temperament was the sweetest.

When he got operated and was still under, the vet technician shaved him because it was impossible to get all the tangles out. He looked weird for the longest time, but now he looks great.

However, I used to think he was a black cat with one white spot. Turns out he has grey blended in in vague patches all over his body, especially on his buttocks and the back of his legs. After he had tolerated 4 baths, I finally clued in that parts of his fur were just not going to come out black.

So, I say, black AND grey cats, though the image doesn't appear that appealing at first, are really the BEST!
Old February 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM

adoption

hello! where do you and the kittens live? i would love to adopt one if there is still one left!

my email is anirak9@hotmail.com

karina
Old February 25th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Just in case BMDLuver doesn't check in today, the kitten (if she still has it) is located west of Montreal.

Here is the kitten's listing with contact information.
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=