Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank You Chico, Thank You Aslan!!

OMG!!! I am sooooooo thrilled! I met Chico and Aslan today! LOVED IT! It was made extra special because krdahmer came with me! What a great time we had!
We had a good lunch, lots of great talk, got to meet Quincy , Bailey , Chico, Vinnie, and Rocky !!!! I loved them all! I got slobbery hugs from Quincy, a shy little snuggle from Bailey, and I actually got to pet Vinnie and Rocky. Chico hid himself away for a while but we found him. What a lovely bunch of sweeties.

I want to say thank you to aslan and her neighbour for the dog crate! I am sure it will be well used. It is wonderful! The same size of 2 of the ones I have now. It will fit great into the new shed we will be working on very soon! It was wonderful to meet you Aslan!

I want to thank Chico and her cutie of a hubby! Next time lunch is on me!
Chico's love of animals is amazing! She is amazing! The time spent with her three sweeties, the time she spends on Bailey. I am in awe! Her soul shines through and it is bright!

I came home with the dog crate, 2 HUGE warm blankets for the kitties this winter, and a really cute kitty bed! I know they all will be well used! TT checked out the bed as soon as I put it down. kr took lots of pics. I am sure when she gets home she will be posting them. I know aslan took a few too.

So, one more time, for all you two did for my kitties. They will love it all!

And last but definetely not least, thanks kr for coming along!! I really enjoy the time we spend together. We have to do it again soon!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; September 3rd, 2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+ you are quite welcome for the crate, if there is anything else you need let me know, i have some contacts for slightly used kitty stuff.

It was very nice meeting you and kr...Quincy says sorry for the goober. And i only took one picture of each of you and i don't post pictures without the persons consent.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+ you are quite welcome for the crate, if there is anything else you need let me know, i have some contacts for slightly used kitty stuff.

It was very nice meeting you and kr...Quincy says sorry for the goober. And i only took one picture of each of you and i don't post pictures without the persons consent.

I don't mind goobers. I am used to it around here. Sam likes to share too.
I guess the pic must be pretty bad huh? I did warn you!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, now you sound like chico2, i haven't loaded them into the computer yet, but on the camera they look good. i had taken yours before you said you didn't like your picture taken.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post

Chico's love of animals is amazing! She is amazing! Her soul shines through and it is bright!
I already knew that and 14+ , IMO , same goes for you

I'm soooo jealous ! I would LOVED to meet you all. If I win 6/49 , I'll buy this huge wannabago and will visit you all , with all my fuzzbutts (the kitties included of course !)
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm envious, too! I'm never gonna get to meet anyone until that lotto win comes through! *sigh*

Sounds like you all had a great visit! I hope my connection is fast enough to download the pics when they're posted!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I hope my connection is fast enough to download the pics when they're posted!
If it's not , I'll e-mail them to you Hazel.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
-

i can email the two i have of 14+ and Kr now if you'd like. teehee i said i don't post without permission i never mentioned emailing.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Doggie Wench

No need to win a lotto Frenchy. We'll just steal dh's camper and stop and smell the flowers at Chico's before we crash at 14+'s (she did mention an extra cat house, didn't she? There ought to be enough room for us ). Aslan, you jumping on board on our way?
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
No need to win a lotto Frenchy. We'll just steal dh's camper and stop and smell the flowers at Chico's before we crash at 14+'s (she did mention an extra cat house, didn't she? There ought to be enough room for us ). Aslan, you jumping on board on our way?
You always have great ideas LP
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

No worries! I think I managed to download them all with my molasses fast connection tonight! But for the offers!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
150% PRO S/N

I see you ladies are busy planning my time for the next little while. I don't mind. Just don't tell hubby. Shhhhh
I sincerely hope one of us wins big soon and shares! Then we can all go where we want in Winnabagos. Can you see me going down the road with 30 some kitties. F U N !!!!!

Frenchy - thanks for the nice comment!

Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
-

Just thinking outloud, where would the halfway point between montreal and say ummmm oakville be.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:20 PM

Aslan if you check google maps - looks like Kingston

You gals are awesome for helping out the kitties

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
-

thank you growler, hmmm so who do you think we could talk into driving to kingston to meet up.....
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
150% PRO S/N

kr and I were talking about that when we got back here today. It would be wonderful to meet somewhere. I have the room for a big Pets barbeque but would have to do some major sucking up with hubby. He is not a people person.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
-

eeeew that would not be good for the montreal crowd tho, that's why i asked about a halfway point.

Ontario would be today's group, wd,sylvie, chase_mom, SIL, Chris, i'm gonna forget people i know.

Montreal would be Frenchy, Breeze,LP, poodletalk, rottie lover, Marko,
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yep, so now we have to find someone from here who lives in/near Kingston who has a honking big yard to party in!!!

Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
-

hmmm correct me if i'm wrong but isn't 1000 islands near Kingston...
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
hmmm correct me if i'm wrong but isn't 1000 islands near Kingston...
According to the map I just looked at, yep, yep it is. L4H!!

Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
-

muaaah that's exactly who i was thinking too, think she'd notice a dozen or so people showing up.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
muaaah that's exactly who i was thinking too, think she'd notice a dozen or so people showing up.

Mmm, only a dozen or so??? Maybe not. She will be too busy fostering kitties for a new place so won't notice anyone hiding/partying in her treed acreage. Unless she comes over to have her customary beer on the weekend.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
-

well we can either mention it ever soooo politely, or we can leave a dozen beer on her bench and she'll get sloshed and think she's imagining it.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
150% PRO S/N

Ohhh, let's go for the dozen beer please!!!! It is sooo much more fun to play with people's minds... And saying that.. I gotta go or I won't have much of one left.

Old September 4th, 2008, 02:32 AM
~Cat Servent~

AH-ha! So here is the other thread you mentioned! I'd like to add my thanks to Chico and her hubby for having us as well! I enjoyed meeting them and Aslan and the doggies and the boys! And of course had fun with 14 as usual!! And as always icing on the cake... snuggling Tim and Keesha and Sam and Mittens before heading home! Oh and getting hissed at by those oh so ferocious newbies too!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Hey don't forget me

Quote:
Just thinking outloud, where would the halfway point between montreal and say ummmm oakville be.
Er............QUEENSVILLE

Quote:
kr and I were talking about that when we got back here today. It would be wonderful to meet somewhere. I have the room for a big Pets barbeque but would have to do some major sucking up with hubby. He is not a people person.
You can ship him out for the day 14k
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:43 AM
150% PRO S/N

Hey hey!! Chris just volunteered her place for a meet up!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Start planning hon!!!!!

Old September 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Yep, so now we have to find someone from here who lives in/near Kingston who has a honking big yard to party in!!!
YES, YES, YES!!! Bring your own chairs, can't sit on my lawn, my resident wild turkey poops all over the place Jake, the turkey likes to use one of the benches as his look out tower.

ALL DOGS WELCOME! And cats of course, but they don't travel as well. (14+, TT is a must though).

Next year we are hoping to buy a boat so we may even be able to provide 1000 island tours

When I was driving to Pincourt last weekend, I was thinking of everybody who lives in the Montreal area and wished I could visit them.:sad:

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Chris,I have to check and see where Queensville is on my map,hope it is on the map
14+,you know,whenever someone says anything good about me I get all weepy,but thank's!!
I also told hubby you think he's cute and yes,he is and a good guy to boot,only Quincy did not think so

LP,Frenchy ,you can park a trailer in my drive-way any day!!
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
-

aaaw it's not my little mans fault, hims was just scared. and he was protecting you ladies from the evil kidnapper man.

hmmm maybe a meetup at L4's would be doable, might wanna hold off until the spring tho. lol, i can't see those of us with multiple or elderly dogs bringing all of them. I already know who Frenchy wants me to bring. figure with just me, frenchy and LP you'd have 12 dogs of various sizes. So i vote from lp's pack for lucky and since i know it would be too much for Nelly, then frenchy has to bring chloe.