Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Tech talk

Old January 5th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Ipod help

Hubby got me an ipod for christmas and I am having some trouble with it, is there any other way to get songs on it other than using itunes as a program? I put some cds on on it using itunes but later when I went to put more songs on it overroad everything I had put on it and replaced the old songs with the new ones, very frustrating. Any suggestions are greatly welcome
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
Hubby got me an ipod for christmas and I am having some trouble with it, is there any other way to get songs on it other than using itunes as a program? I put some cds on on it using itunes but later when I went to put more songs on it overroad everything I had put on it and replaced the old songs with the new ones, very frustrating. Any suggestions are greatly welcome
I am at work now, so I don't know how much help I can be without having it in front of me.

There is a place on the iTunes page that you can click a button to say "replace all songs with new" or something like just add new songs to previous ones. That way you can add them on without erasing what is already on there.

If no one else offers you any help, I will take a look this evening and see excatly what it is and where on the screen you will find it.
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Thankyou so much I will check it out.
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM

This happened because you selected to sync your ipod to itunes. When you first plug in your ipod you'll get a screen with selected boxes (it's right in the middle of the page). Select the manual option instead of sync option and it won't erase the stuff onyour ipod but you'll have to drag and drop the songs from your music library to your ipod list.
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Learning fast

Looks like your covered, I have a mac so the pathway may be different, but before you plug in your ipod you need to go to options on your computers programs and deselect the sync option. There are a lot of good interfaces out there but once you get the hang of itunes you can't go wrong as far as free programs.
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Thankyou everyone for the fast responses, I'm good to go now