Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old October 18th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Meet my new foster, Angel!

This is my new foster kitty. Angel is a sweet, petite (about 4lbs) little stunner, who spent months outside. Even though she is only about 8 months old, she did have a litter, but they couldn't be found. :sad:

Angel is still a bit shy from living life on the wild side, but she loves pets and will gaze into your eyes and purr when she gets lovin'!

She is neat, clean, dainty and quiet and would make a sweet companion for someone with a quiet household.

If you can adopt this little sweetums and give her all the love and attention she deserves, please contact luckyrescue@hotmail.com
Attached Images

Old October 18th, 2004, 08:58 AM
banned user

She is so sweet! I hope she gets a home soon.
Old October 18th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

:love: :love: :love: What a little beauty :love: :love: :love:
Old October 18th, 2004, 04:33 PM

Help needed

Hi Lucky,

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. There are about four or five stray kittens as well as some adult cats living next door under some bushes. The neighbours feed them, but sadly no-one seems willing to take them in. I am so concerned with the winter coming, that these poor things will freeze to death. Unfortunately I have one very territorial cat already, otherwise I would not hesitate to take one. I also have my dog Buddy, whom I resuced six months ago.

Is there anyone who tries to catch these poor things so that they can be adopted out? They are wild though, so very hard to catch. Mond you, they do go up to some of the nighbours who feed them, often sleeping on their front steps. The other concern too is that is will not be long before the young ones end up getting pregnant and giving birth, ... making it an even bigger concern.
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Where are you?

The kittens will probably die terrible deaths this winter, as will the upcoming litters. However, if this is allowed to continue these cats will just keep multiplying.

For people to feed them without spaying and neutering them is not doing any good.

The cats MUST be trapped. If the kittens can be tamed, they can be adopted out. If there is adequate shelter, the adults can be returned after spay/neuter.

A humane trap must be used to catch them. If you are in Montreal and send them to the SPCA, they will all be killed.
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Senior Contributor

How sad sad DwightByrd,you are concerned enough to tell us about it,so maybe between you and your neighbors,you can organize and catch these little guys before it's too late...
The winter will hit them and undoubtedly kill them and any other kittens sad
All they need to survive is a warm place,maybe you know of a no-kill shelter that can spay/neuter them and find homes.
Hopefully you live in Florida or somewhere else warm,but even so,these little guys need to be rescued sad
Please,please do something to save them!
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico Dwight is up here in the great white north. I hope you can catch these cats and kittens and get them into shelter so nothing happens to them in our cold winter weather.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Senior Contributor

CyberKitten

Awwwwww!! She is just adorable Lucky!! I hope she gets a wonderful forever home. It's heartbreaking about the babies, sighhhh!!

She looks like a poly we used to have. (She was a Mama kitty who chose us. Somone had dropped her off because she was pregnant. And she had the most georgous babies!!)
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Dwight,

I just noticed your post! (Was admiring Lucky's new foster kitty). You need to get those babies out of the cold! If they come up to people, it might not too difficult to catch them but I agree with Lucky. Get a trap from the Humane Society.

Perhaps the neighbours can help?

Do you have a seperate room where you could keep them away from your cat? That might work. (It would be a good idea for health reasons to keep them away from your cat anyway.) But you could trap them and bring them a rescue place in Montreal.

Good luck rescuing those cats!