Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:12 AM

Found: Cat - Edmonton

I'm posting this for my Mom. She has had a sweet little orange kitty hanging outside her house for a week now. She started feeding him and letting him in because of the cold, but she has severe asthma and cannot keep him long. She has contacted the SPCA with the tattoo number, they looked up the owner but the number listed is disconnected. They have no other way to contact the owner. All they could tell us was that the address he is registered to is the opposite end of Edmonton to where my Mom lives. So they probably moved and didn't change their info. We have put up posters everywhere we can think of, but no one has called. In Edmonton there was recently a large cat round-up by the SPCA and they took in over 100 abandoned cats (A 250 home trailer park was getting demolished and the people that moved left their animals behind!!!). This was no where near where my Mom lives, but because of this the SPCA said they do not have room for this cat and he will most likely be euthanized :sad:

So far, we know this:

Name: Known, but owner must identify
Date Found: October 26, 2008
Area: North Edmonton
Sex: Male, Neutered
Color: Orange
Short hair
Born in 2005

This cat is definitely a house pet and not a street cat. He is well groomed, SO friendly and likes to chat with you. He has a healthy appetite and is house trained. He likes to be inside and sleep on the bed. He loves cuddles and will purr even if you merely look at him.

If you know someone that has lost a cat in the Edmonton area please contact me asap.

Last edited by danam314; November 2nd, 2008 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Edited to remove name. Owner can identify.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Try these sites:
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/#canada
http://www.canadastrays.com/search/l...ov=AB&type=cat
http://www.petfinder.com/classifieds...dmonton&type=L

You could also contact:

Safe Haven Animal Rescue Edmonton Society, Edmonton, AB 780-707-5753. They may be able to help you or have suggestions.

You could also post on craigslist or kijiji for Edmonton (beware of scammers; don't include the tatoo number in the ad), or in free local papers.

Good luck. Your mother is an official kitty angel and the people who left their animals behind in that trailer park, trash.

Last edited by badger; November 2nd, 2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
the people who left their animals behind in that trailer park, trash.
My thoughts exactly, badger!

Thank you for the leads. It definitely gives us a few more avenues to look at. In about a week if the owners are not found we are going to try and find this cat a good, permanent home. We have posted just about everywhere we can think of, posting flyers and all, and the SPCA knows of this cat because we call many times every day to see if anyone called about him. We feel if the owners are really looking for him then they will find him, because we're spreading the word quite a bit. I know he isn't our cat to give away, but my Mom is going to end up in the hospital unable to breathe if he stays much longer, so probably in a week/10 days time we will start looking for a secure, proper and permanent home for this guy before the snow hits. I hope the owners come forward soon. Taking him to the SPCA is NOT an option. It would be an absolute tragedy to euthanize a perfectly healthy, happy and lovable cat due to lack of space.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

How kind of your mom to help this kitty.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Give your mom a hug for us. She is an angel to bring this kitty in. he can find his home or a new forever home.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:35 AM

there are other rescues here as well nasap and second chance animal rescue is really good
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM

Thank you so much all. I will give my Mom a big hug when I see her next and let her know of the new info everyone has given me.

Thank you kara for the links. I didn't know about Nasap. I've been looking all over their site for over an hour, oh how time flies. I know where I'm getting my next ball of fur when the time is right

Boy, I sure wish I could foster animals. My kitty would rip me a new one though
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM

youre welcome ive been on those sites lots and just drooling we dont have a dog yet but am wanting one. but because i just had a new baby we have to wait some more