Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old February 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Angry Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday morning we had mostly grass. Now this!!! And in Niagara Falls where kr and klm are it's worse!!
I am so glad I am not working today!! Although hubby may have to plow a path for me tomorrow morning to get to the main road. We are the "forgotten" road here. Always the last to be plowed.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:06 PM
-

I feel the same way 14k, it did stop for a while but is back at it again ...I thought I would go and shovel a bit, I did, the back steps for the dawgs and the front step and threw in the shovel.

Not too many Kits sunning themselves on the roof today
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It's really coming down here now too.
If the picture would have been clearer you would have seen about 5 of them sitting on their porch. There is still a few out wandering. Silly kitties. Go inside!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
-

The others probably dared them to do it
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
The others probably dared them to do it
That's it!!

Old February 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I know how you feel . It is too wet to enjoy it. Poor Jasper doesn't like to get his paws wet

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Seriously I feel for you guys. Did you see my spring has sprung thread a few days ago??? Okay kidding. Don't look at it now, you'll snap. Doesn't the saying go "Go West"... Sorry, had to take my cheap shot. I am sorry that you guys are getting so much snow though. (Okay so I'm not very good at this BS stuff.)
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM
-

if only you wouldn't have to go to work 14+ you could enjoy it a bit ...

as for the kitties , they have both of best worlds ... they can play in it , then go inside and cuddle with the others
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:56 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
if only you wouldn't have to go to work 14+ you could enjoy it a bit ...

as for the kitties , they have both of best worlds ... they can play in it , then go inside and cuddle with the others
No no no no no!!! Nothing to enjoy about cold, wet stuff!!! I had to go out around 5 or so and knock the snow off the top of the fence. It's holding up really well but I didn't want to take the chance. It already had about 4 inches of snow sitting on top. So I froze my fingers off wearing gloves with holes in the tips from opening food tins and using a broom to brush off the top of the 1/4 acre fence. FUN? For about the first minute or so. After that, nope!!

Guess which kitties were the only ones brave enough to be out in the storm... Orbit who has so much fur I don't think he would feel a hail storm ... and Duece! He must be used to the Quebec winters. They had fun following me around the fence - other side of course - until the snow starting coming down on them!! Then they took off for safer places - the porch.

Old February 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Guess which kitties were the only ones brave enough to be out in the storm... Orbit who has so much fur I don't think he would feel a hail storm ... and Duece! He must be used to the Quebec winters.
woot woot Duece !!! what a man ... I mean what a cat
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Yes i am sick of it too, i want spring, now !!
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:47 AM
~Cat Servent~

booooo..... I mean brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Oh come on it's not that bad....we've been rather spoiled this year with a lack of really crappy weather. I didn't even break out the boots today (although all the snow I got IN my shoes indicated that I should have!!! )

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 27th, 2010, 01:32 AM

Very pretty

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM

I heard the weather reports today, and I just don't know why there is so many snow storms down east? Calgary is quite warm, (it's still close to 0, and does get to -10 at night). I did always think that Ontario had losts of snow though, but not this time of year.
Stay warm, drive carefully, and I will pray that it stops!
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM

I hear you about the weather, this week was spring break and it was snow, slush and rain everyday, hard to convince a puppy to go outside when he gets soaking wet and freezes.... hopefully this is the end of winter...
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
You can call me DOG!

It's still snowing here!

It's been heavy, heart attack, lake effect snow for the past 24 hours here!

For anyone who need to clear driveway/walkways where ever you are--PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
~Cat Servent~

Ok I take that back!!! Holy Snow! Thought they said it was going to slow down last night....woke up to some waist high drifts here!!! And the plows just seem to be making the side roads worse.... coming down my street is like a roller coaster of ice.... have to drive like 15km/hr or parts start shaking off your car!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow The snow this year has been brutal for you guys. I hope it lets up soon!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:13 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, believe me AG we hope it stops soon too..i was enjoying a pretty snowless winter up until now.
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Senior Contributor

It's been a weird winter here too. We haven't had such cold temperatures here at this time of year since I think I heard the 1940's.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM
~Cat Servent~

You know the news is very entertaining when you guys in the south do get ice and snow though....nothing funnier for us canucks than watching cars slide one after another past a stop sign and into each other in somewhere like carolina!!!

here's one from tennessee...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXLv...eature=related

Last edited by krdahmer; February 27th, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:14 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
woot woot Duece !!! what a man ... I mean what a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwina View Post
Yes i am sick of it too, i want spring, now !!
How are your kitties holding up to the cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Very pretty
You want some? I'll send it out. 'Course now that the Olympics are almost over you don't need it.

Old February 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig's mom View Post

I heard the weather reports today, and I just don't know why there is so many snow storms down east? Calgary is quite warm, (it's still close to 0, and does get to -10 at night). I did always think that Ontario had losts of snow though, but not this time of year.
Stay warm, drive carefully, and I will pray that it stops!
Actually, the weather has been quite nice besides the snow. Up to +5 yesterday. Just lots of snow. Today it was wet snow so we had it coming down all day and turning the snow into heavier stuff with water underneath. Y'know, the nice heavy stuff that makes marvelous slush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Wow The snow this year has been brutal for you guys. I hope it lets up soon!
We have gotten off easy this year. Most of the time my area has only had a couple of inches. This storm is (I hope) the one and only of the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
You know the news is very entertaining when you guys in the south do get ice and snow though....nothing funnier for us canucks than watching cars slide one after another past a stop sign and into each other in somewhere like carolina!!!
Mean girl!!

Old February 28th, 2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
You want some? I'll send it out. 'Course now that the Olympics are almost over you don't need it.
Absolutely send some this way but save at least a foot or so of snow for Hazel she wants some more too

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying