Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 3rd, 2004, 09:38 AM

She still loves me

A year ago I moved out on my own but had to leave my dog Morgan with my parents because my apartment was too small. When she was a puppy I took her every where I possibly could. We had our routines and we had our games and I never once questioned her devotion. I taught her as a puppy to come to me when big dogs are around so I could pick her up just in case. When it was bed time she would riggle on the floor and wait for me to carry her to bed. Sometimes when there were too many people around she would jump up at me wanting me to pick her up because she knew I would protect her. I don't see her as much as I would like and when I come to visit she knows eventually I will be leaving to go home with out her. I had spent the day with my mom and Morgan at my aunts house but when the time came to leave and I called her she wouldn't come to me....She just kept looking at my mom. It really bothered me that she wouldn't come to me anymore. My mom had become the most important person to her and I felt left out. Well, the other day we were all playing in the back yard and by accident my aunt stepped on Morgan and she yelped. She was hurt and instead of running to my mom to be saved she ran to me. I thought my little baby had reserved my spot at #2 but that day she proved to me that no matter where I go and no matter how long I'm gone she still needs me as much as I need her!!