Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:37 PM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

Goodbye my friend

To everything there is a season and today my buddy through highschool and college went to the rainbow bridge. Max you were 17, a tough little beagle/brittany mix that wasn't supposed to make it past December 24, 1993, but that was the day I went to the SPCA and you became my most special birthday present ever. Polite, quiet and oh so cute, the shelter staff told us after my mom signed the papers you were scheduled to be put down that day - they'd already kept you alive longer than you should've been. The following years you brought no shortage of joy to our lives, you got me through every tear and every sleepless night. When I moved, Dad said you weren't moving with me (even though he always said you would), he couldn't bear the pain of losing you. It was right that he was with you today at the end, when you could no longer enjoy anything and were in pain. We will miss you Maxwell the Wonder Puppy, miss your scampering around the kitchen, the way you insisted on being cuddled on the couch. We will all miss the way you didn't bark unless it was at the biscuit cabinet. Mostly I'll miss the way you made Dad light up, the life and light you brought to his every day and the way you taught us that second chances are possible, happiness is around every corner or on every pillow, and that miracles happen when you least expect them. Love you buddy, run now to the bridge

~Those who KNOW better are responsible to TEACH better~

Jenn, Simon and Peaches
12/14/03
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:39 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know your buddy will be happy at the Rainbow Bridge.
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:26 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's sad to watch your dad lose their best friend. I know you loved your doggy, but dads always seem to have a special bond with their doggies...:sad:
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Im deeply sorry for your loss... Whenever my little bird died a couple years ago (he was just a budgie but I loved him dearly) people sent me alot of poems and stuff like that and they seemed to really help. Here's one that i think is really pretty.
Always remember that you and your family gave him a chance at life, and made it as wonderful as possible!

"They say that memories are golden. Well, that may be true. I never wanted memories, I only wanted you. A million times I needed you, a million times I cried. If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died. In life I loved you dearly; in death I love you still. In my heart you hold a place no one can ever fill. If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane, I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same. But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again."
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM
-

Jawert I'm so sorry for your loss.Hugs to your family.And Meggie;what a nice poem,bring tears to my eyes.