Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:23 PM

Unhappy Tiger passed peacefully

I took Tiger to a new vet as my old vet had retired and I hadn't chosen a new vet until Tiger got sick a week ago and started hiding away where I couldn't find him. By the time I got him to the new vet he was in very bad shape and the new vet did blood work and an xray of his belly.

It turned out that Tiger was in renal failure that had progressed to major organ failure and the vet recommended I put him to sleep to ease his pain. After seeing the xray and the blood work results I had to agree that Tiger must be in pain and agreed to have him PTS

Tiger had deteriorated radically over 2 days and it was such a shock that he was so sick it has taken me a week to post this ... the other cats are still looking for him and Bailey seems lost without him... I just hope and pray that none of them go downhill after losing Tiger as they are now all seniors...

I miss him so much it hurts ... he is running and playing with his ball on the other side of the bridge with my dogs that he loved in life ....

the only good thing about that day was I found a superb vet who I love ... he loved Tiger and handled him very gently ... and showed me how much he cares about the animals ... not about money...