Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old November 9th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Adopted:Kitten- Grey Tabby Male - Baie d'Urfe

This little kitten was found with his sister in the Baie d'Urfe Shopping center parking lot. The lady who found them kept the sister but this little guy has no one. He is in need of foster/rescue. He is a purr machine, loves to play and is very gentle. He gets along well with small dogs, no fear and plays nicely with the vet's toddler. If you have room for him, please let us know. He has been vaccinated and dewormed. He is in very good health.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMDLuver; November 12th, 2005 at 08:24 PM. Reason: changed status
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Rottie owner and lover

OMG he looks idetical to my Terror when he was a kitten, who was sadly put to rest at a young age of 2 with liver damage. Hope you find a great home little guy
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh poor little munchkin. I hope you find someone for him. Sadly, I still have a full house here.
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Unfortunately my house is off limits for 6 months as I had a panleukopenia case. Don't want to spread the problem.
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:19 AM

I may be able to help out with this one. We are having an adoption clinic on November 19th and will have a new permanent location for all of our cats/kittens at the beginning of December (details to follow).

Where is he? Looks like a vet clinic .....
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

He's at the Baie d'Urfe Vet Clinic on Morgan. The vet is lovely there and a real animal lover. We have one possibility for him that enquired about Mittens but wants a dark grey kitten. Mittens is two tone, grey and black so not quite what they want.
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver
We have one possibility for him that enquired about Mittens but wants a dark grey kitten.
We have Chico (3 month old solid gray kitten) available for adoption. Please pass on the info to the potential adoptor (picture below).

I'll see what sort of space we have and may be able to include Mittens at our clinic on the 19th.

Here's the picture of Chico:
Attached Images

Old November 10th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Question

I don't understand why people are so picky about color. Two tone grey or one tone grey.What difference does that make? Long as the kitten is healthy, that's all it matters.
Old November 10th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

This is Mittens... not the cat at Baie d'Urfe vet... which is why they asked about a grey kitten. Sorry, I think my post was a bit confusing.
Attached Images

Old November 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Senior Contributor

I understand now, I didn't read your post properly either. I looked at the kitten above thinking it was mittens. What is that kittens name? Mittens is beautiful, I am sure it won't take look to find her a good home
Old November 10th, 2005, 11:56 PM

If the person looking for a gray kitten is named Julie, then she has already contacted us. She was supposed to come by tonight, but had to cancel.
Old November 11th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Senior Contributor

What Poodletalk was saying,is often unfortunately true.
My Vinnie after he was found(by friends of mine)had a prospective new owner,but she declined,wanting an orange kitten.
The second person was going to have him de-clawed a no-no,so he ended up with me.
A kitten in need is a kitten in need,colour or breed should not make any difference,if you really love cats.
Unless like CK you have your heart set on a Siamese or any other pure-bred and go to a breeder.
I am sure everyone has seen this pic,but how could you resist this face,I could not!!
Attached Images

Old November 11th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

The grey kitten has no name at the moment. I try not to give them a name if they aren't coming in to care with us. He does have some people who are interested through the vet's office so we'll just wait and see. He's safe at the moment.
Old November 11th, 2005, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodletalk
I don't understand why people are so picky about color. Two tone grey or one tone grey.What difference does that make? Long as the kitten is healthy, that's all it matters.
I suppose some people may have had a certain type of cat most of their lives (i.e., solid gray) and they have a preference for the color. Personally, I have had 3 brown/black tabby females throughout my life (all died of old age or severe illness). Before I got into rescue, I went to the SPCA purposely looking for the same type of cat and adopted my Prinnie who succumbed to cancer 4 years ago at the age of 13.

My family has always had small dogs (chihuahua types). My grandparents, uncles, aunts, my own parents - all chose small chi's as pets over the years. It's just a matter of personal preference.

The lady who called me last week told me that her last cat was a solid gray male (who passed away) and she wanted the same type of cat.

I don't see anything wrong with that. At least the people are calling rescues to adopt rather than going to pet stores. We can't expect people to adopt any cat just because it is a rescue.
Old November 11th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Senior Contributor

SOS MIOW, I understand people wanting a certain breed, sex, or size of an animal. When it comes down to it, you want a cat or dog that has a certain type of personality that matches your household. If the animal has the personality that you are looking for, what difference does it make if the color isn't right?!?
Old November 11th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
but how could you resist this face,I could not!!
Me either!!

Some people just favour a certain type of cat. They want a calico, or orange tabby, or grey, etc. Sometimes it's because a former favorite cat was this colour, or whatever. Some are looking for a certain personality or declawed etc.

I have no problem with that. We keep people's names, and when something comes in that suits them, they get a call and usually do adopt the cat! As long as cats get homes, that's the main thing!

And then we have the people who just want to take any cat that's had a really hard life, or one that no one else wants and they dont' care what it looks like. That's always great!
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Senior Contributor

I guess it's just me,I never really had the pick of a litter,my cats just"happened" they chose me,not the other way around.
Personally I prefer BIG tabbies,Maine Coons mostly and males to females,but if I could take in another kitten/cat,it really would not matter as long as I could provide a good loving home for him/her.
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:45 PM

It funny: I've always wanted a calico. I have every color under the sun, but a calico. My cats have come to me through various bad cirsumstances and I see them as creatures in need, not an orange tabby or a Siamese or whatever.

But, that said, I lost my polydactyl Holly to CRF last February and I am still on the lookout for a polydactyl like Holly, with 6 toes on each paw, front and back. I used to want black like Holly but as my grief has lessened now I'll take any color. Sometimes loss is so hard that people want the security of a similar cat roaming around to love.
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I've always wanted a calico.
Too bad you weren't around when I was fostering Angel, one of the most striking calicos I've ever seen, and VERY tiny to boot.
Attached Images

Old November 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree with you Chico and Canine 14. I never picked my animals, they were animals in need and that's what I ended up with. When Chaos died two years ago, I swore I never wanted another husky mix again. Too much shedding! I wanted a dog with curly fur, like an Airedale so the shedding would be less. Couple of weeks later, I went to the SPCA Monteregie their was a sick pup who needed a foster home. Guess her breed?!? Husky mix! I kept her, once again, my vacuum cleaner and I are best friends!
Old November 12th, 2005, 12:58 AM

All the cats on this thread are beautiful!

My cats usually find me, too, though I did find two rescues at the vet's one day,

My main cat throughout the decades has always been a female tabby. When my first tabby died at the age of 21, I wanted to try to replace her, so I got another tabby, who is also a wonderful cat, though with a very different personality.

My newest cat is a black male semi-long-haired rescue, and a sweeter, more playful, fun cat you couldn't find.

I'm not getting any more cats, as I'm already one over the limit allowed in my town, but I like to come and look at these. It breaks my heart to see so many abandoned and neglected cats, but then I see wonderful people adopting and fostering them, and almost all is well in the world again.

Thanks for the job that all of you do.
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
I am sure everyone has seen this pic,but how could you resist this face,I could not!!
I hadn't seen that one, Chico. She was an adorable kitty (still is!).

Just for the record, I love that grey tabby's color. It's like a regular brown, every day tabby, but GREY! YEY! I don't think I've ever seen one before.
Old November 12th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Mittens and Mogli have been adopted together! They will be going for speutering on Tuesday prior to going to their new home. Hurray for them!
Old November 13th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

BMDlover,that's wonderful news on a rainy Sunday morning! Thank's!!
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Senior Contributor

That's great news!!!
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:10 PM

Yay

Wonderful news! I'm so happy that you found them a home.
Old November 15th, 2005, 06:00 PM

My little solid gray kitten (Chico) was also adopted (Monday) by a sweet lady.
Attached Images

Last edited by SOS MIOW; November 16th, 2005 at 12:14 AM.
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I'm not getting any more cats, as I'm already one over the limit allowed in my town, but I like to come and look at these. Thanks for the job that all of you do.
Come by Mondou's on Saturday (Nov 19th) on St-John's Blvd. from noon to 3:00 and say hello! You'll get to see some of our kitties.....