Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM

I AM approachable, you know

Just wanted to start off by thanking luckypenny and 14+ for sending me links on general pet info.

Luckypenny, I only wish that PDF file had come my way sooner, that's the kind of stuff I really like.

If anyone else has information they want to send to me(but aren't fond of pming me directly), I'm telling you that I won't take offense to it, instead I'd appreciate it.

Im volunteering at a shelter now, so it's not likely that I'll be getting any pets in the near future which means.... Wait for it.... I won't post here very much. Matter of fact i prolly won't be even searching the forums.

BUT since I get notifications if someone sent me a pm, ill come on to reply.

Or you could just post it here unless it gets locked( which id very much appreciate if it didn't).

So again, if you want to send me a piece of information, no need to be shy.

Thanks to those who did.

Peace,

Sew-Sew-Steve
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Catlover2

Hi SSS, so glad to hear that you're volunteering at a shelter, good for you. Now about your puppy....it's a Rottweiler, I seem to recall? You might get more specific information if you request information in training Rottweilers or some members may be able to recommend breed specific books. I think they need some specific early training, like obedience training. All the best.
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Catlover2 SSS has made arrangements for the pup to be surrendered to a rescue and is now volunteering with them!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Do you mean reachable, or approachable?

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Moving this to the on topic forum.

Thx - Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Please keep this thread on topic and civil or it will be closed.

Thx

Blackbear
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:11 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Well, I have basically been asked/told by PM to back off so........ backing off.
14+, I don't understand why the OP would tell you to back off after thanking you for links to pet information websites?
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

The Op didnt rainbow..

SSS only peice of advice i would offer at the moment would be learn as much as you can about what to feed,,training, health,,exercise etc etc..i understand you just want to help i really do, but for your sake and an animals please try to have some monies put aside incase of emergency and make sure that when you do take an animal in that it is ok with all that you live with.
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
The Op didnt rainbow..

Something just doesn't add up here.

SSS only peice of advice i would offer at the moment would be learn as much as you can about what to feed,,training, health,,exercise etc etc..i understand you just want to help i really do, but for your sake and an animals please try to have some monies put aside incase of emergency and make sure that when you do take an animal in that it is ok with all that you live with.
Good advice, aslan.
Old January 15th, 2011, 02:58 AM

I don't understand why there's comments being deleted,
I don't understand how my thank you means back off 14+,
I don't understand why black bear is always having to comment on my threads (I actually do, just joking with that one).

Guys I'm only asking you to send me info directly to me, I'm encouraging you not to feel hesitant, I won't take offense. I'm not going to adopt animals anytime soon, I'll just take hem to the shelter instead. Were I'm the middle of chaning homes, and I can't have animals in my apartment.

Aslan, will do, thanks.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old January 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

SSS lets just move on with things? Have you started your volunteer work yet or are you still in the process of moving?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM

i have i have, i went twice now, and thats only because i work everyday except fridays.

they're having an open day tomorrow, but im not sure if i can make it, kinda busy.

we're completely moved out of the old house, but not quite done with the organising this house, its going good though. its kinda weird that i dont have a pet here, im so used to it lol.

i was wondering if those furless cats would affect my moms allergies???? shes saying no anyways, but hey, it might work out(not really lol... not until i get my own place).
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Great news! I did see the open house on their website! sounds like your almost settled from the move.

Yeah your right best to wait till you have your own place and you wont have to worry about it affecting your mom!

So what have they been getting you to at the shelter?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Cats that don't produce allergies are a fairytale.
Even hairless cats produce allergies because they have saliva (and that's where the allergen is), your mom is mistaken and no cat should be in her house.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by marko; January 21st, 2011 at 09:47 AM.