Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2010, 05:15 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Goldfields i'm sure i am saying this for many members here,,," Let it go". As marko stated it's 14+'s thread. Personally i would prefer you put her on your ignore list so you don't keep doing this to each and everyone of her threads.

G we all know what you do for the kitties and the constant slap you get from people who treat cats as no better than garbage is disgusting.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I asked her that. She said she wasn't going to "waste" her money to get the cats fixed just to have them run out on the road and get killed. Unfortunately that is the prevailing thought around this area. Why waste our money? Why bother to try to keep the cats safe? Why bother to feed them? Why bother? They are only cats.
. Just makes me sick. Nobody can claim to be an animal lover unless they care for ALL animals. I just don't understand why some people can pick and choose.

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:51 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank you ladies. I appreciate your continued support. L4 - you are right. An animal lover would love all animals. I treat my dogs the same as my cats. It is beyond my thinking how anyone can say one is better than the other. They both have their place in my heart.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM

14+ you are an absolute saint for what you do. I feel very honored to even know of a person like you who does what you do to help so many cats.

One does not have to do much research to appreciate what cats do for humanity.

It's the same situation here in Southern AB... many people value dogs higher than cats for whatever reason and consistently perform acts of cruelty on cats that don't happen nearly as often as with dogs. Many people think a cat can survive being put back in the wild after it has been domesticated Far less people have their cats fixed than their dogs. It's a terrible reality. We need to get beyond thinking of one animal as more "worthy" than the next and learn as a society to appreciate all animals and give them the respect they deserve. This doesn't just end with our "pets" eitheir but should also include wildlife, livestock, etc.

Again, 14+ thank you for what you do.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:03 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I said I was not going to answer that comment made by one poster. I would like to add just one thing. If that person would like to find out what I am about and why I fight so hard... read my blog. It won't take long out of your busy day. then please think twice before posting comments such as you do.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/blog.php?b=132

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
150% PRO S/N

cassiek - Thank you.

Old October 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiek View Post
14+ you are an absolute saint for what you do. I feel very honored to even know of a person like you who does what you do to help so many cats.
Cassiek i think that pretty much says what the majority of us here feel about 14+...G don't ever worry about what others opinions are,,you know all you have done for every kitty that has crossed your path. Don't ever feel the need to defend your life to anyone, especially if they haven't walked even half a mile in your shoes.
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Without sounding too mushy gushy 14+K, what you do for animals.. and people is far more than most of us here do in the name of animals. You are an Earth Angel in every sense of the word. There may be those that think otherwise, or those that will try very hard to remove the focus of your dedication but remain FAST. You have my support and admiration.. I still don't know how you do it Girl. Where you get your strength, commitment and energy is SUPER HUMAN.

Love ya!
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM
150% PRO S/N

Awww man!!!

Old October 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Contributor

You will always be my ideal of an Earth Angel. Only you need to know why you do what you do my friend. Your heart is pure and the whole world benefits from that.
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ you are by far a special and rare type of human in this world. Everything you do for people and animals is amazing and so unselfish. I was telling my husband the other day that i want to be you when i grow up. Keep up the great work and know that you inspire many people to do the best they can each day.

to you.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
G don't ever worry about what others opinions are,,you know all you have done for every kitty that has crossed your path. Don't ever feel the need to defend your life to anyone, especially if they haven't walked even half a mile in your shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Without sounding too mushy gushy 14+K, what you do for animals.. and people is far more than most of us here do in the name of animals. You are an Earth Angel in every sense of the word. There may be those that think otherwise, or those that will try very hard to remove the focus of your dedication but remain FAST. You have my support and admiration.. I still don't know how you do it Girl. Where you get your strength, commitment and energy is SUPER HUMAN.

Love ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
You will always be my ideal of an Earth Angel. Only you need to know why you do what you do my friend. Your heart is pure and the whole world benefits from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicwildwolf69 View Post
14+ you are by far a special and rare type of human in this world. Everything you do for people and animals is amazing and so unselfish. I was telling my husband the other day that i want to be you when i grow up. Keep up the great work and know that you inspire many people to do the best they can each day.

to you.
Yes, this is how most of us here feel about you.

You are truly one amazing person for everything you do not only for the kitties but everyone whose life you touch.
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh and I just wanted to add one more thing....though I have been in rescue world for sometime, I always put emphasis on the dogs and did not make as much effort for the cats because they were much harder to find shelter or rescues for. Since reading what 14+K does and has committed in doing totally put me to shame really. I knew I could do more and so I did. She inspired me so much that based on all her threads, all her hard work, pictures, stories, artwork... I have managed to work a little harder and was able to save more than 75 cats in one year.

14+K - don't kid yourself woman...75+ cats are ALIVE because of you. You touched my life more than you will ever know. Hopefully, others will also be inspired to take that extra little step and together we can make a huge difference.
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Awww Man again!! You guys. I love you all!!
Why do I even allow negative comments to get to me?

Old October 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM

Thread closed at request of OP.
Closed Thread