Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Talking My new kitty nephew

I dont have pictures yet :sad: But I did see him during an msn video call. He was alseep next to my lil bro with all 4 paws in the air, lying on his back after only 12 hours with bro

I mentioned kitty in the 5 random facts thread. I was sooooo worried about it because I didnt think mobro would want it but mobro said he'll take it in and big bro said that if he didnt want it he would find a way to keep it despite his kitty uro being totally against other cats in his turf (he has cat friends around the resort which my bros work and live in).

he's yet to go to the vet, mobro has to do that on return from his business trip. Apparently neuter, vaccines and all that is only 150 LE (livres egyptiennes) which is like $30!! how sweet is that

The low vet cost has brought me to my next and most exciting point. I talked to the bro on phone today and told him i heard about this colony of cats, he said yep there is one bout 4-5 cats. THEN i told him abot these projects in the carribean where they spay/neuter the kitties on a resort/hotel grounds then set up a lil cafe for them and he loved the idea. I hope other management go for the idea as its not just his decision..but I think it would be so cool Plus you get to make them cool palm huts like these

Name:  ry%3D400.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  79.0 KB

or cute lil chalets like this

Name:  CatCafe1_med.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  64.4 KB

How cool is that??

They have a few friendly resident cats - blackie, outdoorsy and a few others (ok so theyre not that creative with names )

Anyhooo back to new nephew kitty...apparently his name is Jedeye - just cuz it has the word 'eye' in it . This is because he has no depth of field and has one funky eye (or so my lil bro says) :sad:. He thinks some chlorine or somethin splashed in his eye from the pools (the theories engineers come up with )

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Last edited by onster; February 12th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Yup, I think I need to be "fixed" for say...2 weeks!

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

How exciting for Jedeye! And for the kitties at the hotel, if management agrees to the plan!

Good thinkin', onster!

Can't wait for nephew pics.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Live well, laugh often

Woohoo . Glad jedeye has a home and hope the project works out .
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM
cat slave

wait...what?? back up.......he;s stealing a kitten from the carribeans??! Man..........why didn't i think of that??

ok i'm going back to Cuba...I seemed to have left something there
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, I can't wait to see the new kitty. And omg what a wonderful idea! Those two sleeping in the tiki huts are adorable! I think if communities would take the time to do these things there wouldn't be such a huge problem. Just band together and get these kitties some help.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh ok... well I need a people sized palm hut.... and a trip to the carribean!!! Those kitties look comfy!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

lol jiorji nono- hahahah

ok lil bro is in Egypt, working at the resorts desalination plant for co-op (hes studying to be an enviro engineer) and he found this teeny kitten outside the lobby. He called my sil and they brought it back to his room, tried to introduce uro kitty (bro and sils guy) who went berzerk. Mobro was in Italy or Prague or something and had recently rejected taking blackie in "because he has a strange meow" , plus he travels a lot so I was worried he wouldnt take kitten in after lil bro had to come back to canada (and I thought big bro wouldnt/couldnt cuz of uro and his asthma). I sent him mobro a text saying congrats, he replied saying he was on another continent, he's got no kitteh - especially not one with "a gaping hole where its eye should be and pus leaking out of it" ...ummmmmm ya dont try to understand males - lil bro was messing with his mind.

Judging by Jedeyes size, Id say he's about 8 wks old

Old February 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

and thanks all, i really hope this works out

I told bro that if they did that they colony wouldnt get bigger cuz the ones already there would keep off 'intruders' and since they themselves couldnt have kittens the pop would stay down. I sure hope thats the truth lol

Old February 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

and please everyone excuse my typos, missing words, weird run on sentences and the like!

Old February 13th, 2009, 03:52 AM

Good work Onster & bros bringing in/convincing other bros to keep Jedeye

for them to get the colony fixed and housed

Love that palm hut so cute think someone will make one big enough for me?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 15th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Senior Contributor

OK so I heard wrong

they were calling him....

Deadeye

UMMMM..........

yeah a new name is in order lol

Old February 15th, 2009, 02:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I liked Jedeye better...like Jedi knights in Star Wars.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Senior Contributor

yeah I thought it was jedeye as in a play on Jedi but alas the name has been rejected :sad:

Mobro is home and has kitten now. He is thinking of summers, for scott summers, the original name of cyclops the character from X-men.

Boys lol

Im still begging for pics :sad:

Old February 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM
-

Summers That's not a very manly name

Keep nagging for pics Onster, nag nag nag
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I emailed him and told him that (that summers is girlie) and nagged for pics I played the woe is me card :sad: A said flat out no he wont send me pics (he is in that annoy ure sister any way u can phase) and B said ok but didnt do it :sad::sad:

Old February 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM
-

Onster, remind "A" that he will be returning to Canada and will be living with YOU and that payback can be a b***h
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Now you go and tell the brother of yours if he doesn't send some pictures of his new kitty he will have to deal with the wrath of some pretty ticked off women over here at Pets.ca! And he doesn't want to make us mad
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Finally

Had to get a woman to do it my sil sent me pics

Uro (their cat) checking him out. They have a lot of hissy fights. Mobro is on a trip again so sil is taking care of him.
Name:  kitten.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  kitten2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  25.2 KB

What a cutie! You can see his kinda messed up eye here. He's got such big paws!!
Name:  kitten3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  26.7 KB

Mobro wants to call him Scott.....

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

What a cutie! Yeah, he'll grow into those paws for sure. I remember Maks had some huge paws and ears.

I can't notice anything odd about his eye. He really is a handsome little guy.

Scott huh? I like it, you know like Scotty. Um...any particular reason for that name?

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Senior Contributor

His left eye (right in this pic) is kinda cloudy. He cant see from it..they dunno what happened

Scott for scott summers (the cyclops character from xmen) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops_(comics)
--- for his eye.

Last edited by onster; February 27th, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old February 27th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Senior Contributor

and I remember cutie maks with his huge paws n ears! Scott doesnt seem to have big ears though. I like scotty tho...but scott doesnt seem to work for a kitten for me . So i guess ill call him scotty

Old February 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL, well I guess we should be glad he's not calling the little guy Cyclops. I like Scotty too. It just sounds more like a kitty/cat name than just Scott.

He's adorable. His ears aren't big no (Maks had some Dumbo ears!) , but still, I think he'll grow into those paws for sure.

Old February 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
-

Ooooh he is a cutie patootie, Scotty is cute sure beats Summer Tell SIL we need moooooore
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
~Cat Servent~

AW He's adorable!! And although they seem to have picked a name.... just have to throw out "Willy" (as in 'one eyed willy' the pirate from Goonies!!! )! You could really use any pirate name! Plus pirate names are more manly... SCott Summers was kind of a sissy!

to Brother and SIL, hope the hissing subsides soon! And a big to them for taking him in!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Holy cats, he's a cutie! And a very lucky fella!

Old February 28th, 2009, 01:44 AM

Awww little Scotty is adorable what big paws you have

Way better name than the others they came up with before

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Not so good update

Mobro is on his 3rd business trip ( he called from the aiport) and I guess he has realized he travels way too much to have a cat. Uro and Scotty have been trying to kill eachother plus big bro B's had a bad asthma attack with the new kitten (had to go to hosp).

Since little bro is coming home in 3/4 weeks they need to figure out what to do. I am actually quite flabbergasted because one of the solutions my bro came up with is to euthanise it?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! He didnt want it to suffer. My dad thought this is unacceptable so maybe they can take it somewhere far away ( he really thought it would be okay and this was humane). Apparently one guest made a hullabaloo today over cats around the pool. She said she has allergies. Well ummm you are in a country known to have strays. How about you step away from the cats Of course you cant say that to a client in the hospitalility industry.

I called my dad very upset. I told him that this is not a solution. That lil bro taking the cat in and then getting it used to humans and then just driving it off somewhere to fend for itself is just a death sentence. I also told him that taking the other cats and driving them off wont work because other cats will come in. They need to spay and neuter. He was very quiet then said ok, not to upset myself so much ( i was truly upset!!!). I also said that woman who complained can Shut the heck up because what is she gonna do when she goes into town and one of the many stray cats comes up to her??! Its a country that has stray cats!!!! Anyway my dad said they would put that off and will think about it.

Mobro called and said they arent doing anything to the cats now because I 'cried' to dad I did not cry but I did argue passionately!! but meh...at least they listened to me.

I emailed the SPARE shelter for help...

Im just so annoyed. The thing is in Egypt, since there are so many people that are literally starving (majority of the popn is dirt poor) animal welfare is the last of their priorities.

Old March 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Onster, I'm so sorry this is happening. That woman is an idiot. I mean for crying out loud, she's at a pool that's outside! In the open air! I mean, if I was allergic to a friggin Moose, I'm sure I'd be okay standing next to one OUTSIDE. Sheesh!

I recently saw a very interesting National Geographic program about cats and their origins as domesticated animals and much of the concentration was in Egypt. They showed that there are places where there are a lot of stray cats. It's so sad to see these poor little animals just trying to live among people, some who take some pity on them and give them food and some who just push them to one side.:sad:

I hope there is something your dad can do to help.

Old March 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks AG

Ive been peeved about this all day. This is not the first complaint they had from guests...some get annoyed that cats come by when they are eating/ others are scared of cats etc. The thing is with the world economic crisis tourism is one of the first things that suffers so this cat problem is one thing among many many problems theyre facing now.

I kind of had a feeling the problem with Scotty would come up. I was hesitant when lil bro told me he took a kitten in. I actually told him to make sure someone could take it before he fed it or to let it out (as heartbreaking as that is). He said yeaaah mobro will take it but then that isnt working out *sigh*.

In the end I think I can figure something out for Scotty b4 lil bro has to come home but I feel bad for the other cats. I hope I can convince them to undertake this spay/neuter initiative.