Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 11th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Found Cat in Beaconsfield

Hi,

I found a female grey/brown tabby on June 13 in the Beaconsfield area. She was originally taken to public security, but she is now staying with me and my two other cats. She is declawed, quiet, loves attention and follows me everywhere I go in my appartment. I think that she is an older cat as she moves slowly and has some tooth decay.

I would really like to find her owners because I am sure she is missed! But if this is not possible, I would like to find her a loving home where she will be well cared for. I would keep her myself but I live in a one bedroom apartment and already have two cats. I think that she would be pet in a home with no other pets.

Please contact me if this is your cat OR if you are able to provide a home for her. I have attached a photo.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...0&id=304702765

Thank you!

Shannon
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM

Shannon,

It was good of you to take her in. Beautiful cat pics at your site, btw, one of them gives the impression that your two felines are tempted to gang up on Lynx.

Did you post her picture on Kijiji Montreal, or on Craigslist? You can also let the vet hospitals in the area know that she's been found. Some people notify them when they lose a cat. I'm hoping that not many tabbies get declawed and this might be a clue to help identify her or her owners.
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Casca for lost cats

Hi,

Try this link http://www.cascaorg.com/ they can help !
Hope you find the owners of that cutie
In the mean time thanks for caring for the little one !
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM

Unhappy

Thank you for your replys. I am going to try kijiji and contact local animal hospitals.

I am not sure how much longer I can keep her. She seems like she would be a best in a house with no other pets and though my cats have no problem with her, she is having trouble living with them and I have had to separate her. She is staying in my kitchen she seems pretty miserable.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM

Unhappy Cat found in Beaconsfield to be taken to SPCA

I have tried my best to take care on the female tabby I found over a month ago in Beaconsfield. Despit my love for animals, I do not have the time, or space to continue providing a home for this cat. I have tried without any luck to find her owners and have also been unable to find her a new home. She is incontinent at times and has some other age related issue, such as poor eye sight. However, she is very sweet and affectionate and would likely benifit from a loving home with someone who has the time to tend to her daily needs. Also, I believe that a quiet environment without other animals may help with her incontinence.

PLEASE let me know if anyone can care for this animal. I can no longer keep her because I am not equipe to meet her needs, and I have two other cats (both rescues) that I have to think about. If I cannot find someone she will be taken to the SPCA this week.

Thank you

Shannon
Old August 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Have you put up posters in the area she was found; taken her to a vet/HS to see if she is microchipped; contacted the organization that LYNNNNN gave you the site for; put her info on any and all info boards you can? Advertised in your local paper? Maybe your vet would be willing to take her in and see if she can be adopted from there? I know some vets do. If she is incontinent she probably has health issues she should be seeing a vet.
Good luck.
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:47 AM

Hi again,

Try to reach Gerdy from http://www.gerdysrescue.org/ she takes cats and finds homes for them !!! If they need medical help she might be able to help .
Hope the little one finds a home
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Contributor

If she is having medical problems, the chances are that the MSPCA WILL NOT put this cat up for adoption they will euthanize.

Please please....the MSPCA is the LAST resort. If this cat goes there, she will be under a terrible amount of stress, will be brought into 'the' room where she will smell death (the freezer is right next to this room). They do NOT sedate the cats (nor dogs). They will give the lethal injection directly into the heart and if it is accurate - great but if not, it is horrible.

If no rescue can help you, please bring this cat to a vet who will euthanize properly - she deserves dignity. I appreciate that this is not your cat, and going to a vet will cost you personally money, but if you can do this - it's far better than the alternative.

I have had many sleepless nights remembering all those faces that I saw being PTS. It's not pretty over there.