Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM

Angry My dog won't eat =(

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new here...and I have a question!

Firstly I know for a fact my dog isn't sick, we've taken her tot he vet multiple times and the vet agrees with us, my dog is a picky pants..

I have a 6 month old Miniature Poodle named Juno, who is very active and verrrry intelligent, initially I was feeding her Orijen and then decided to move to a raw diet, which she loved at the tender age of 4 months, until now.

Now she won't eat a think, no raw meat, no cooked meat, absolutely NO KIBBLE and she has lost her taste for vegetables. I'm positive this is an incidence of "picky dog" because she prowls around us at dinner time (but does not beg) and stares at us when we eat. She turns up her nose at her own food (but has been known to pick at it when we aren't around).

I also feed her twice a day, at 12pm and at 7pm, I do not leave the food out.

Also, we have never ever once fed her from the table.

So I guess what i'm saying is, should I worry if she only eats half a meal a day? Will she come around if we are persistent enough and only offer her one thing day after day? The reason this has become such a problem is because my mother always gives in and prepares her something different. But now I've has a serious talk with my mother and she agreed not to feed Juno anything otherwise her own food at the specific times.

So I guess I'm looking for support, It's hard to watch my little puppy starve herself and I feed bad, It's hard not to go find something else she would eat, but I'll try to resist, just as much as she is resisting her own food...lol.