Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 9th, 2004, 12:24 PM

Unhappy Dog vommiting

We have a new puppy, she's about 7months old we got her spayed about 2 weeks ago and her 2nd set of shots are due in a week, for the past 2 days she has been vomitting, the first time I think she ate a twist tie and expelled it, the second time I have no reason for other than she was in the car(she has ridden in the car before fine) the vomit had little substance, the 3time it was in tha car as well and it was all dog food like she has eaten too fast and the third time was in the car again it was all liquid (but I had caught her chewing on a christmas ornament that was crocheted and dipped in starch to make it tougher) I thought they were out of her reach...are all of these coincidences? She is eating like normal her nose is cold and wet she is active and happy, she is drinking fine and her waste is solid....am I a new mommy worrying too much or should I call the vet?
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Yup. You should see a vet. Jus t to be sure, vomitting for two days is not good...she may appear healthy otherwise, but she should still be seen.
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:45 PM

I'd suggest calling the Vet and making an appt for a quick check-up. It could very well be all the stuff she's getting into, or it could be something else. Hopefully, it is nothing, but its better to be safe then sorry. Best of luck, hope everything is o.k.
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:10 PM

update on Memphis

She wasn't sick yesterday and today so far so good, she has a check up scheduled for next week, but if she gets sick once more its off to the vet. (I think it was the stuff she was getting into, I did a thorough puppy proofing rampage yesterday)