Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 1st, 2009, 01:22 PM

Unhappy Lost female tabby cat - Marlborough Ct, 1360 White Oaks Blvd

Help!
My cat Dagga became displaced on Aug 11th when out for our first harness and leash walk, outside my high rise apartment building 1360 White Oaks Blvd. A loud bang noise caused her to bolt and escape her harness. She was seen hiding in bushes around there later in the night but not since.

Sadly, she is collarless with no pet ID.

I had a concussion some years ago which led to a 'traumatic brain injury'. Which means that I suffer from amnesia periodically and I have difficulty planning and being 'on-task'. So I have not been able to search for my cat well at all. I have sent a pic to humane society and posted lost cat notices around my building.

But I am in the process of making large posters and putting a photo of her on each one and putting them everywhere. But my disability has prevented me from leaving my apartment for 3 days. So I can only proceed at a snail's pace when time is the critical factor.

Does anyone know of any 'pet detectives' or assistance available in oakville? I require help but have no family or others who are available. PHOTOS OF DAGGA won't attach. Will post a pic next post, if possible.

Thanks for being there. HJ Ramelan.
Attached Images

Last edited by justus; September 1st, 2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: attachment
Old September 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope the lovey Dagga finds her way home to you soon. Keep going out and looking for her. Look in the evenings whenever possible. If you are in an apartment building make sure you put a poster in the lobby in case somebody in the building has picked her up and doesn't know her. Good luck to you.
Old September 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Justus,I am so sorry your beautiful cat is lost,hopefully the larger posters will help.
Like DogDancer says,you are more likely to find her after dark,when things are more quiet.
I don't know if you are able to,but go out and bring a treat-bag and a flashlight,she's more than likely hiding somewhere.
I hope she has been spayed,but most important is that you can get her home again.
Our Humane Society have many,many cats,if at all possible it's good if you go down there and check for her yourself. Good Luck!
Old September 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Have you contacted Oakville Humane Society? I would call them and fill out a lost report. I would also bring in a picture, so they can attach it to your cats file. Also go and take a look at their stray rooms. Early morning and early eveing are the best too look. I would also go and look in the forest that you have right across from your buildling. She may have ran there and up a tree. Listen for cat meows.

Keep us posted.

ACO22
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Oakville Humane Society info

Oakville Humane Society is a "no-kill" facility but will put cats brought in up for adoption after about a week once they pass the health check.

I would recommend contacting Paula ASAP and filling out a lost pet report also. After that you can review the adoption page to ensure your cat doesn't slip through into the adoptions area.

Paula@oakvillehumane.ca (Lost and Found co-ordinator)

http://www.oakvillehumane.ca/adoptions/online.html

Good luck with your search!
Old September 9th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Just reread my post...I meant early morning/evening is the best time to look when searching for your cat, not going to look at Oakville HS.

Good luck.

ACO22
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:10 AM

http://www.burlingtonhumane.ca/adoption/feline.php

Here is the web page for Burlington Human Society - Cats adoption. They are really good at keeping it up to date and have very good photos.

Tags
help needed!, lost cat, marlborough court, shorthair tabby