Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:53 PM

What to feed my 3 month old Husky?

Hey everyone, I'm looking for advice on what to feed my 3 mo. old Siberian Husky pup. He is very healthy as is I had him eating a bag of Beneful Puppy Food because I needed to get something at a grocery store quickly, and that was all they had. Other than that, he has been eating ProSeries Puppy, which certainly is better than the Purina, but has more corn, rice, added salt, and other things I'd rather avoid feeding the pup. It's also costing me about as much as better foods would.

I tried him on Acana Pacifica and loved it. He was full quickly, and his coat was quickly shinier and softer. He just finished off the bag of it on the weekend, and he's about to finish what's left of his last ProSeries bag. I'd like to get him more of the Acana stuff, maybe trying another flavour, but I'm hesitant. Until the summer, I'm living with my grandparents who are currently paying for his food, and I don't want to ask them to pay so much for dog food when they feed their two adult huskies Purina Dog Chow (bleeeugh...) and the two dogs are extremely healthy.

So I'm looking for any tips on a good grain-free dry food to feed Koru. Canadian-made is best, but as long as the ingredients come from a reputable source, and the price is right, I'm happy.
"Dogs don't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Ever. Every morning they're happy to see you, longing for a moment of your time and a simple pat on the head. Every day they tell you "HELLO! GOOD MORNING! I LOVE YOU, LETS HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY!!!". Days I wake up without that, it's a lot easier to be "bah. day. yuck." I'm weird like that though."
-Some guy on a forum.

Last edited by Ford; March 9th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.