Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 13th, 2011, 03:42 AM

So my cat was diagnosed with roundworms D:

I came home to find my cat have thrown up on my bed, and when i was cleaning it up, I found a freakin dried up roundworm in the vomit. Talk about being freaked out.

She had some symptoms that looked like stomach upsets before, i‘ve always thought it was either her eating too fast or the food has been in the fridge for too long, or i've changed the flavors too suddenly.
Now it all kind of makes sense.

So then i had to go to the vets (they wanted a stool sample, but luckily i saved the dried up worm in the vomit so they ended up being able to prescribe based on that), wash all my sheets. Then go to the doctors because it can be transfered to humans. -_______-
I went to the doctors, and he's like well it's not likely but I'll send you to the lab, so I have to go to the lab and get a container and stuff for you know what so they can check it for roundworm eggs.

I'm super freaked out right now because apparently it can cause blindness in humans =____= Even though the doctor said 1 billion people have roundworms in their system and most cases they "exist peacefully" was his exact words.
But I dun wanna be blind omfg -___-

I'm paranoid to even touch my cat right now. And the thing is, when I got her, she was "dewormed" so the question is, where the hell did she get it?! She's been an indoor cat for as long as I got her.

I keep telling myself, it's roundworms, I can get it through other means (not properly washing fruits etc) But I'm still

I've washed my hands everytime i scooped her litter, but i was using cetaphil, which is more of a facial cleanser, and it doesnt foam x_x Should I use a foaming soap instead?

Do I need to wash my hands everytime I pet her? Will hand sanitizers be sufficient?