Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 14th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Senior Contributor

The Official Foster Cuties thread

Well, I'm fostering for the first time...and I love it!

I'd like to see everyone else's little foster babies

Here's Buster at the park, posing like a real superstar!
Attached Images

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Senior Contributor

and another...
Attached Images

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Last one...at least for now
Attached Images

Old April 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
cat slave

aawww so cute.

how long do you get to keep him??
I'd be afraid to foster. I think i'd end up keeping all cats and dogs i took for fostering. I hate giving up pets lol

anyone want my parents tho??
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:05 AM

He sure is a cutie. Probably won't be long before he finds his forever home.
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Furless/Furred/Feathered

What a sweet face! Fostering must be very rewarding, getting to see them find forever homes. Not sure I could ever let them go either jiorji, but thankfully people open their hearts and homes to these wonderful doggies and kitties!
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:50 AM

What a beauty!!!.
I failed fostering 101 twice! Once with our old rottie and then again with Chewie.
I am not allowed to foster anymore. :sad:
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
banned user

He is a real nice dog, sure hope he has his home soon.
I'm not sure I could foster..I would want to keep them too.
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
~Cat Servent~

Aw...no doubt he'll find a home soon....what a handsome doggie!

Here is my little foster, I call him Palomine (Pal-'o'-mine) and it's a good thing that hubby is keepin a short leash on me or I'm sure we'd be keeping all these cuties! He already lost his bedroom the poor guy!
Attached Images

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Senior Contributor

We're actually thinking about keeping him...I'm already sold, but hubbie needs to make up his mind
He's actually not available for adoption yet, we are working on his seperation anxiety before he can become adoptable....he's getting better and better everyday!!

Old April 15th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Palomine looks like a little cutie-pie!!

Old April 15th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Buster is sooooo cute! What a face. We all fail Foster 101 sometimes - I know I have.
I can't possibly post all my fosters, (at least 21! ) but a few stand out.

Babe - Cute Lab who could pull your arm from the socket.

Junior - NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!

Hello Archer - Very sweet rescued Greyhound

Hannah - Gorgeous and sweet pittie girl

Casper & Casey - two of 3 feral kittens I trapped under my shed. I really hated to part with these guys!

And that's enough!!
Old April 16th, 2005, 04:42 PM
cat slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
And that's enough!!
i can only speak for myself here but i want to see more!!

is it just me or do you prefer cream colored pets?? lol i see a color trend here

Old April 17th, 2005, 02:02 AM

I want more too!!! And I see the trend too. Maybe Lucky is hot for blonds... Is it just me, or does Junior have some pretty big kitty lips? "The better to KISS you with my dear..."
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Prin,I believe that is Juniors little tounge..but he's still very kissable as are they all...
I could look at pics all day long,especially of dogs/cats who have,thank's to their rescuers/fosters found a good home
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Senior Contributor

IF you all insist.

Okay, here's a few more (I've posted most of them before)

Suki and Daisy, now in a simply heavenly home!

Sassy, cute little girl I found screaming in a ditch in November.

Wacky Salem, who was reunited with his family at an adoption event and the story was in the paper!

Poor little Patty, starved and terrified who is now in the kind of home we dream about.

Patty's kittens

Little Angel (now residing in a very upscale townhouse!)

and Simon, and TimTim and Mr.Magoo, and CindyLou Who......plus my 3 fostering "failures" who are still here!
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Lucky,I don't know what to say,you are just simply wonderful to have rescued and found homes for all those wonderful cats...
I suppose the other 3 are Stinkerbell and co
Old April 17th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Kitty Consort

Oh what beautiful babies, all of them! Wonderful heartwarming photos of such sweethearts. :love:
Three cheers to all the angels who work so tirelessly to find great homes for these furry angels!

Any more pics?
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
cat slave

yeah....any more pics??

I LOOOOVE angel's fur pattern real lovely
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:48 PM

This is one of my fosters, Lexis...the picture doesn't really do her justice, she is beautiful! She's super shy, but is slowly coming around....might have to keep this one.....
Attached Images

Old April 19th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Amber,she is beautiful,I can see why you'd like to keep her :love:
I have no experience in fostering,but if you get an animal in distress,you help her gain her confidence in you and relax,is it usually shattered once she is again rehomed?
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico, it depends. A feral cat who has been tamed is always best to stay with the person who tamed it. Tamed feral cats develop a deep bond of trust with the person who tamed them. Rehoming them breaks that trust and the adopter must start all over.

They can be rehomed, but they will regress quite a bit in the new home and it could take a long time for them to come around.

Same for very skittish or shy cats. They are very hard to adopt out, since it's extremely difficult to find someone who wants to take the time to work with them. The process is VERY frustrating and time consuming.

Understandably, most people adopting cats want a sweet cuddly one, not one who will spend two months under a bed, shaking and hissing!

This is why I have 3 ex-feral and feral cats. :sad:

Last edited by Lucky Rescue; April 19th, 2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old April 19th, 2005, 10:56 AM

Lexis has been bounced from foster home to foster home, she was feral but has been kept in foster homes since she was a tiny kitten. Her old foster mom said she rarely came out from her hiding spots and cried a lot. Here she will only come out when her brothers are asleep and my fiance is gone. They had been taking her to adoption fairs up until now (i won't let her go yet), and i don't understand why. I imagine it was just scaring her even more and i really don't think it would have been wise to adopt her out as she most likely would have been returned to the rescue. As LuckyRescue said, most people don't want to adopt a cat that hides under the bed all day. Slowly she has been spending more time out with rest of us and she is so sweet! Very cuddly and chatty. But i am definitely prepared to keep her--- "long term fostering" is how i try and sugar coat it to my boyfriend who has been a little alarmed with the increasing number of cats in our apartment-- if she is not adoptable.
Attached Images

Old April 19th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Lexi is beautiful! I hope you keep this poor girl. Adoption events are murder on shy cats like her, and most people wouldn't want her anyway. So....how many cats DO you have?

Here's my 3 foster failures. Tommyboy was an adult feral I trapped. He tamed so nicely I probably could have adopted him out, but then I couldn't part with him.

The day he reached out under the babygate and put his little paw on top of my Chloe's paw sealed the deal for me!

Next, I trapped Tommy's mom. She is feral and I doubt she will ever be tamed, but her reunion with her "baby" was so touching,(head butts and ear washes) I knew I couldn't take her away from her big kitten!

The Evil Stinkerbell came as an 8 week old foster (feral) and both adult cats mothered her and she loved them. I did adopt her out, but as said, most people do not want a cat who stays under the bed, so she came back. She is now twice as big as my feral Mamma but is still treated like a baby by her.
All 3 cats were overjoyed to be together again. I was less than overjoyed. :sad:

Tommy and Stinky, when she was still small and cute.

Last edited by Lucky Rescue; April 19th, 2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Any one know WHY animals always have to stick a tail, foot or ear under the rockers of rocking chairs? Lexis' pic is yet another example of that.

Such cute kitties you guys are "fostering".
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Titleless

I don't have any cat fosters to show off But I do have Starsky and Hutch! I know what it's like to be a fostering 101 failure, I ended up adopting two cats that I fostered!
Attached Images

Old April 19th, 2005, 02:47 PM

LR, your ex-fosters are so cute! And my own Tinkersmell, as we like to call her, thinks your Stinkerbell is beautiful and simply misunderstood . About how many fosters would you say you have had since you started in rescue? I was thinking it would be nice to try fostering a dog next year, when we move and can have dogs, but somehow I think it might be even harder to give a dog up.

I have four cats at the moment. After we got Tink, and i decided i wanted to try fostering i promised my fiance, justin, who has always been much more of a dog person, "only one, i promise..." But when the rescue told me she had brothers that were bonded that needed a foster home, how could i not take both? Then a week later the call came in about Lexis...and really, what was one more at that point.... Every morning, without fail, when Justin is getting ready for work he starts grumbling at me about how our apartment is too small for 4 cats and he can't walk without nearly tripping over them...blah blah blah. Yet he is almost always curled up with one of them at night so I personally think he is all talk. The rescue, however, wants to put the boys into a different foster home because of Romper's stress issues with Lex (Romper's the indiscriminate urinater). BUT, i know someone in Minnesota who recently called to tell me about a person desperately looking to "get rid of" a couple of pregnant farm cats (or at least their kittens) so, we'll see. They're hemingway cats and i've always wanted a hemingway cat....i mean, to foster...i've always wanted to foster a hemingway cat....
Old April 19th, 2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Any one know WHY animals always have to stick a tail, foot or ear under the rockers of rocking chairs? Lexis' pic is yet another example of that.

I have no idea, but when we first got our kitty Tink, we could be sitting in that chair rocking and she would come and flop down on her back right under the rocker all the time. Needless to say that chair is now strictly the cat chair and they are the only ones that get to sit in it anymore.
Old April 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

LR,your cats are adorable,especially Tommyboy and the little very girlish looking mommy cat,Stinkerbell has that kind of"don't mess with me look"a very different kind of catface,but still beautiful...
Amber,I thought I knew much about cats,but what is a Hemmingway cat???
Old April 19th, 2005, 04:03 PM

A Hemingway cat is a polydactyl. I am an English major and Ernest Hemingway is my favorite writer. He had tons of polydactyl cats and he loved them so much, if you go down to his old home in Key West there are many that still live on the property (their extra toe is so cute!), so they are nicknamed Hemingway cats. Everytime I go down there I always want to sneak one back to Wisconsin with me