Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old January 4th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Yin Yin Thinks Sticky Paws are toys (sigh!)

I usually do well in training my animals and rarely have problems and so I happily purchased some Sticky Paws. They worked well with my bunny who hated the feel of the tape. Yin Yin on the other hand, is just delighted with them. I placed them on a few pieces of furniture I do not want her on and well, she could care less about the furniture - but she loves the Sticky Paws. She sniffs and takes them apart and plays with them - never mind Panic Mouse, lol

I have heard of cats, Siamese especially, who are attracted by glue and maybe she is one of those characters. Sooo -- anyone want any extra Sticky Paws,lol? And has anyone had this experience?
Old January 4th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry Cyber, that those didn't work for you. I saw the Sticky Paws but I just bought extra sticky double sided tape and cut to size. I did find that my two twin felines were intrigued by the sticky and would rub on it and stick their paws on it, it was very strange. But, they soon got tired of that game and my couch has been saved.

Good luck,

~~Diane
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Senior Contributor

I tried masking tape as well and she loves to play hockey with it. She has been pretty good though and this has been a preventive measue since she does not scratch the furniture. She is good about using a scratching post and my computer chair - which is old and and is just a chair. No other chair in the home has the same material so she does not associate other chairs as being similar.

I was just curious about Sticky Paws. She loves taking apart the tape and then chasing it around the room. Oh well, what can you do? Cats, lol