Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM

Smile Update on Karlton

Karlton got neutered yesterday. I brought him home not too long ago. The vet said that the surgery went great. They also tattooed him, which is great because i think tattoos are better than tags that can get lost.

Karlton doesn't seem to feel very bothered about what was done to him. He's acting as he normally does. The vet told me not to let him climb and jump onto things, which is going to be a tad bit difficult because his favorite spot is a bench by the window. I tried blocking it so that he can't jump onto it but still succeeds at getting up there. I will have to try something else.

My dad actually came home today, but i don't think that he suspects anything. Everything is going fantasticly.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:45 PM
-

Glad to hear that Karlton is doing well and good luck with your dad and your grandma and keeping him indoors.

As far as jumping on the bench so he can look out the window maybe you can put a box or something for him to jump on first to lessen the height of the jump.
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

for you girl!!! Good job!!!! Hopefully you can find a way to sit and have a heart to heart with Dad before he goes back on the road. Maybe if he finds out how strongly you feel for Karlton he will change his mind. Like I said, send him here. We will straighten him out.
I'm glad Karlton came through with flying colours. Males are pretty easy to do.
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
As far as jumping on the bench so he can look out the window maybe you can put a box or something for him to jump on first to lessen the height of the jump.
I could try that. I've piled so many things onto the bench already and he still manages to get up there.

Everything was going pretty well in the house until i decided that i would take a few minutes for a shower. My brother came home who didn't know that Karlton was to stay inside and let him out the door. I was super upset with him. But, it wasn't too bad because my boyfriend came over to see me and i glanced out the window for a moment and saw Karlton walking around in the yard, so we headed out and my boyfriend helped me catch him. It was not an easy task. Believe me! He was climbing into trees to get away from us!!

Everything is going great now. Karlton is just lazing about and begging to be let out. But, i'm not going to budge. Kitty must stay inside.

Karlton and I had a wonderful play session involving a pink ball of yarn.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I could try that. I've piled so many things onto the bench already and he still manages to get up there.

Don't pile stuff "on" the bench .....Put something on the floor for him to jump on first so it isn't as high a jump onto the bench.

And glad to hear that you got Karlton back inside after his wee adventure outdoors.
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You are doing well. Keep it up. Too bad bro didn't know Karlton is not to go outside. I am sure you set him straight really quickly.
Playtime with a piece of yarn. for kitties.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Everything is still going great. Karlton is starting to dig up the new cat litter that i put in the bottom of his cat pan. He doesn't seem bothered by it.

I am going to take him outside on a lead in a few minutes.