Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old March 4th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Little Bill

Billy turns out to be the sweetest cat imaginable. He communicates freely with a whole range of grunts, trills and meows to let you know what he wants. The rest of the time, he loves to play or just plop down beside you for a tummy rub. He's quite wary of the other cats, knowing that there's still a slight chance of aggression, so he sticks pretty close to me. A real character.
Attached Images

Old March 4th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Badger,beautiful pic of Bill,he cleaned up nicely:love:
He has a very contended look on his face,beautiful eyes.
Bill was lucky you took pity on him and is showing you his gratitude,now hopefully he'll find a permanent home
Old March 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Huge cat fight just broke out here, absolute mayhem, I'm afraid they gang up on him. And he is always shocked! What?Me? Back to the bathroom.

As much as I'll miss his wedgey little head tilted up at me, button eyes gleaming as if he was looking out from under a Borsalino, he really really needs his own place.
Old March 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh no,I am sure you've experienced many cat-fights,it's scary stuff..poor Bill,poor you:sad:
How do you go about finding homes,other than the Forum???
Rescues??
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico, we're trying to help Badger find a home for this guy. We aren't having any adoption events at the moment, but are hoping to be invited to the Pet Fair in April and Little Bill is certainly welcome.

Getting homes for cats on the website alone is difficult, unless they are extremely beautiful. A cat who looks like the feline version of Rocky Graziano is not the easiest. I"m sure he still has a tomcat smell that is making your other cats irate.

Badger that pic is super! I"ll put him back on the front page!!
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Feline version of Rocky Graziano? I hope dat's a compliment. He does have a gangsterish charm.

LR is right, I need to bang the drum in a few other places. Just wanted to share his latest pic and tell everyone what a sweetheart he is. And so smart, you almost feel telepathic around him.
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Contributor

He IS cute and that is such a great picture, you should enter it in a contest somewhere!! My YY is telepathic and is the most unusual and smartest cats I have EVER had (and that is saying alot!!). She just knows things , knows what child is vulnerable, ill, knows where my pain is, knows when the Sphynx Girls are not getting along (she actually tries to mediate, never mind cat fight- I have never seen anything like that!). And the weirdest thing was her purring near the ashes of someone who had recently died (Don't ask but his widow had them) and this man was a wonderful guy, friend of my dad's but always willing toi help me whem my dad was away or something. And he loved cats, adored them - had 3 of his own and would stop and save many many cats, never brought them to the local pound because he used my dad's saying that "they do not even have their health there,!) and sadly, he is mostly right. He - and his wife- would find homes (and GOOD homes). He berated his daughter because her bunny did not have enouf room to play - but he went out of his way to help cats. YY sniffed the urn and began to puurr! Almost freaked me out in a good kind of way, lol

But Bill does sound special too!!! I wonder how you get that across - other than just unique adorable kitty needs good home. Maybe just write that Bill is a cat with intrinsicly unique talents and a joy to behold, somethiong like that??? I do hope he finds a good home and wish I was closer - he m,ight give YY and the girls a run for their money, lol
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Big, battlescarred tomcats have always been personal favorites of mine. I had one who looked a lot like Bill and I adored him.

However, other people don't see it the way we do, so we need to play up this guy's cute and endearing qualities. I know the fedora pic will make people smile, and that's the first step.
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Lucky,I know you've helped Badger before,otherwise it must be pretty difficult to find someone,but you guys in Quebec seem to have a wonderful net-work going,helping each other.
I too have a"thing"for big toms,battlescarred or not,I don't know what it is,but they have a certain dignity and toughness,disguising the soft and purry part,until the right person come along,like Badger:love:
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Senior Contributor

If we didn't help each other help the kitties, it would be bad news for the cats, since there are few cat rescues here and they are always overflowing.

Badger, can you get another couple pics of the big guy doing something cute - rolling on his back and showing his belly or something along those lines?

When we ask people what made them choose a certain cat off the website alone, they say "Cute pictures" or "Sad story". Bill has the sad story part, but I need another cute pic so we can double his chances.