Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old March 20th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
You mean popping, right?
I mean both...
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:34 AM

I agree BenMax! You and the rescue we talked to were amazing and we thank you so much for caring people like you making sure these puppies get a chance.

Danae de Italica Terrae (Cane Corso) ~ 2 years
U2 de Italica Terrae (Cane Corso) ~ 4 years
Black Shadow's Sequoia ~ 16 mths
Black Shadow's Rowan ~ 16 mths
VonBrenden's Golden Cyrus (Rottweiler) ~ 8 years
Raine (Domestic Shorthair) ~ 11 years
Hi-Jinx (Domestic Shorthair) ~ 5 years

http://www.blackshadowcanecorso.com/

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSCC View Post
I agree BenMax! You and the rescue we talked to were amazing and we thank you so much for caring people like you making sure these puppies get a chance.
We do our best to pull together.. Thank you so much for educating us further on the breed and your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.
Sadly one came into the shelter who was breed to the hilt. She was unsocialized and tried several times to attack those that tried to help her. She was so far gone that even I would not attempt to evaluate. She was humanly euthanized, and it was probably the kindest thing that happened to her. It really breaks my heart to see dogs that were born of innocence and to be used in such a manner. I ask myself..where is the justice?
Old March 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Senior Contributor

BenMax,how sad for her,who could have had a better lifeYou certainly are one very strong young lady,who chose to be a comfort to the many unfortunate dogs needing help.

Do you notice any upswing in the Cane Corsos,because of our idiotic pit-bull ban??
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
BenMax,how sad for her,who could have had a better lifeYou certainly are one very strong young lady,who chose to be a comfort to the many unfortunate dogs needing help.

Do you notice any upswing in the Cane Corsos,because of our idiotic pit-bull ban??
Not strong Chico2..but very sad that this has been on going for so many years. Honestly, after 16 years, I thought at one point I would not be in this position...and was hoping that society would have been alittle more educated.

I cannot say that there is a considerable upswing, but I have noticed more than 'usual'. I don't think that I can blame it on the pitbull ban for this breed in particular. I have however seen more dogos than usual. I think that this breed may replace the pittie as the numbers coming are significant since what we see are female breeders.

I think BSCC may be the best person to address in regards to this question.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM

Benmax that is so unfortunate about the corso girl. I do agree with you that more and more corsos are showing up in the shelters becuase they are such a misunderstood breed.

You do a wonderful job, without people like you these corso wouldnt have a chance.

As a reminder for you of all your good work and to keep pushing forward, please find attached the 9mth old monster that is now the love of my life thanks to you . Notice no more cherry eye and he's an overall wonderful bundle of joy , dont mind his sad face here, he was being sucky because the chihuahuas were picking on him...lol.

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Senior Contributor

He is absolutely stunning.! I am very glad that the eyes are fixed..I am certain he is much more comfortable. The other rescue tells me that he is doing much better on leash now. You have done amazing work with him.
Thanks again for the wonderful update. I wish there were more 'You's' out there.
Bless you.
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:10 PM

I'm not a owner but my friend owns one, which happens to be my dogs best friend. He is a great dog.
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:33 AM

Glad to meet you! I might be a little bias but I think they are a pretty great breed!

Danae de Italica Terrae (Cane Corso) ~ 2 years
U2 de Italica Terrae (Cane Corso) ~ 4 years
Black Shadow's Sequoia ~ 16 mths
Black Shadow's Rowan ~ 16 mths
VonBrenden's Golden Cyrus (Rottweiler) ~ 8 years
Raine (Domestic Shorthair) ~ 11 years
Hi-Jinx (Domestic Shorthair) ~ 5 years

http://www.blackshadowcanecorso.com/

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM

Have any of you cane corso owners dealt with Cherry Eye in your cane corso? My dog is 7 1/2 months old and has had cherry eye in both eyes. He had it in both of his eyes in May we got it tucked and then the left eye came out again and we got it tucked in june and about 5 grand later his left eye has popped out again this morning.. My breeder has told me numerous times not to get it tucked and to have the gland that is popping out clipped.. I asked my vet but they said no vets do this in Canada. I know someone who had a bulldogs eyes clipped at a vet close to me, but I am not sure if its very reputable. My vet says they dont clip the gland in canada cause it could possibly cause dry eye and make the dog go blind. and while that may be true in other dogs my breeder says she always gets them clipped and she has never had one go blind it would be extremely rare and the only reason it would go blind would be if you forgot to put eye drops in.. And i take good care of my dog so I don't see that as an issue. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this at this point as i have spent so much money already and i dont know where to go from here.
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

I posted a reply to you in the other thread:
http://pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?...=1#post1020535