Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 25th, 2001, 07:51 PM

Smile Staffordshire Terrier sold to me, maybe STOLEN

Hi, a few days ago on Thursday at Dufferin,St Clair in Toronto I noticed a beautiful red Staffordshire trembling with its tail between it's legs tied to a post. Being the owner of a Pitbull cross I went over to comfort the dog. Within a couple of seconds this dirty,drug addicted looking guy? approached me saying "did I want to buy his dog for $20 ?" At first I couldn't believe it, I figured the dog HAD to be stolen but a group of young kids said they had seen him with the dog all day. I figured the best thing to do was to buy the dog and go home and call all the Shelters and see if anyone had their dog stolen or lost. There was no way I was going to leave her with him. The guy said she was 8 months old and when I asked him her name it took him 3 tries he first said Jade and finished with K.C or Casey.She did not have a dog collar just a old,cut,mans belt. The dog is in immaculate condition, she doesn't even have a scratch on her although in these last days I think she may have been abused. I'm not sure what her story is. If this guy who sold her to me had her long there is NO WAY that she would be in such GOOD shape, which makes me think she was stolen. She also doesn't always respond to her "name" K.C. I've called all three Toronto area shelters, there was no listing for her, HOWEVER they can only go back 4 weeks. Tonight I noticed what looks like a very well healed FAINT spayed scar which stunned me, now I'm wondering how old she really is ? and who could afford to pay for it,( definitely NOT the guy who sold her to me ) it also looks like an old scar. She is a little bigger than my three year old Pitbull mix, which makes me think she is not 8 months old. I would guess she is 70/80 lbs. I have her booked for shots at the Humane Society and will get her scanned for a Chip. I live in a small apartment and cannot afford to keep her BUT I will not give her up until I find her a loving home with a mature person. She is VERY sweet and a big suck with people
IF THIS SOUNDS EVEN A LITTLE BIT LIKE A DOG YOU KNOW PLEASE EMAIL ME
Thanks
Sharon
Please remember she could have come from any of the suburbs OUTSIDE of Toronto
Attached Images

Old November 25th, 2001, 10:14 PM

Smile Staffordshire Terrier

Sorry here is my Email, to the above post I thought it would automatically show
Sharon

Last edited by White Wolf; May 15th, 2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: no email addresses as per rules.
Old June 19th, 2002, 07:47 PM

Smile

Have you tried bringing the dog to a vet to be scanned? Perhaps the owner's had sense to put a microchip in it in the case that he became lost, like we did with our cat George.

As unfortunate as it sounds, he may not have been stolen. I knew a dog (a Rott) who had been tied to a post outside a trailer, day in and day out, for years. We thought she was being treated kindly..until one day they came to their neighbours asking to keep an eye on the place while they went for vacation- well they left the dog there, tied out, with no food!

And they were leaving for three weeks! Apparently this was a regular occurance, that she was a "guard dog" and that was it. This dog who looked healthy from a distance was actually bone-thin, abused and trembling. She was taken from them by the neighbours and made a great pet.

However...the recent spay marks...maybe a vet in the area or clinic has performed the spay? I wonder who performed spays on that type of dog in the area? I'd be willing to call around and help!