Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM

Male cairn terrier/x montreal

Yup, another pup from the pound, rescued just before his time was up. Cheeto is a 1.5 male Cairn terrier x. He is sweet and friendly and gets along with both dogs and cats! he would really like to start the new year with a home of his own, FOREVER this time! SO many dogs in pounds, just waiting to die, while pet stores still sell puppies and breeders stil breed and people still don't spay/ neuter! Please visit animatch.ca if you are interested in Cheeto!
Attached Images

Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Senior Contributor

What a cutie.
Yes...there are many dogs and cats that are killed daily. Some more humanely than others.
No matter what education is out there, people are not listening and not taking this seriously. It would be different I am certain if they spent one day in a rescuers shoes to see what is happening in pounds and shelters.
We live in a greedy world. The question is what does it take to open people's eyes, ears and heart?
Anyways, all the best to this lucky little wonder.
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:42 AM

well BenMax, i just met a VERY angry woman in the woods today...actually, she was a very nice woman, just very angry at "rescues". She had a beautiful 8 month old lab. I asked (as i always do..) where she got her and she said "a horrible breeder from Ste Hyathynce (sp????). She said she received no papers or follow up of any kind....I started my spiel about "the adoption option" and she said she TRIED, many rescues but they would not adopt a puppy to her because she has small children. She said she also works from home. She finally got so frustrated and angry, she went to a breeder. (at least she didn't go to a pet shop...)
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM

oh my, oh my.

If only I lived closer. Too many thousand miles away.

Wishing this little one a really good home.

take care
binky
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezbglad View Post
well BenMax, i just met a VERY angry woman in the woods today...actually, she was a very nice woman, just very angry at "rescues". She had a beautiful 8 month old lab. I asked (as i always do..) where she got her and she said "a horrible breeder from Ste Hyathynce (sp????). She said she received no papers or follow up of any kind....I started my spiel about "the adoption option" and she said she TRIED, many rescues but they would not adopt a puppy to her because she has small children. She said she also works from home. She finally got so frustrated and angry, she went to a breeder. (at least she didn't go to a pet shop...)
Rescues (in my opinion) need to look at everyone case by case. Believe it or not...I was denied an adoption from a rescue a long time ago because I did not have a fenced yard and lived in an apartment. Now that I am one of their representives, they would have adopted to me had they known me when I was just an adopter. Again - I understand the 'rules' but I also believe that some rescues can look a little closer when making a decision.
That is just me opinion.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM

woo hoo! Cheeto is "on trial!"
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezbglad View Post
woo hoo! Cheeto is "on trial!"
Fantastic news. All the best.
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM

BenMax, i pm'd you!