Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Sad Member

Unhappy My Dog Baby Patron passed away this morning.....

Hi everyone my name is sandra and I am soooo hurting right now, I have lost my precious dog that I love so much he was my companion when my husband is gone cause he is in the military and i'm alwasy lonley so we got patron in april of 2007 he was born on march 16th and he was the cutest thing ever he is was an Olde English Bull dog. When he turned a year old he had his first seizure and he was put on meds and there after every month he would have seizure's between 17 thru 20 and it never failed so he would go at least 30 with out seizures but as of yesterday he has a cluster of seizure that would not go away they started in the morning bout 9:30 and he had one that just would not go away and I gave him his meds and did every thing possible for him and nothing helped he just barked twice lightly and stopped breathing so I gave him CPR and nothing was helping so I put my hand over his heart and it was beating really slowly and I was just freaking out! calling his name and telling him please don't die patron please!!!! but he slowly died and I just cryed and cryed and there was no one to turn to cause my husband had left this morning a 5:30 cause he had military training and it was just me here at home... so I called him crying and told him what happend and told me to calm down he said he would call one of his friends to help me take him to the Vet on Base at fortsam houston. I called the vet and told them what had happened and they said to bring him on in and asked me what I wanted done with his body ? so I said I wanted his ashes and they said they would call me when they are ready. So I came hom and just cleaned all his stuff and put it away so I would not have to see it anymore cause it just makes me cry everytime I see it or even thing about him. I just hope and pray that he is in a better place and not suffering.
I love you patron with all my heart and I miss you dearly baby
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Sad Member

Unhappy

I MISS YOU!!!! BABEEEEE.....
Attached Images

Old January 21st, 2009, 01:18 AM

Dear Sandra,

I am very sorry for your loss, it is very sad that he is gone, he was a very very handsome dog. I know how you feel, I just lost mine on Dec 23rd, he was 13.5 y/o. Now they are at the rainbow bridge playing and having fun, and one day we will all meet again, so hang in there, it will only get better with time, my thoughts are with you.

Sad Vicky
Terry
Molly
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:27 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm really sorry. To lose your friend so suddenly must be a huge shock even though he was at risk. You did everything right, his genetics and blind chance let him down.

Grieving for an animal is not that much different from grieving for a human friend so be kind to yourself and just take it day by day, after awhile you'll remember his goofiness and his kisses instead of the pain.
Patron, all better now.
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm sorry for your loss, shortbaby There was nothing you could have done, it was Patron's time. You're a good mom.

Patron

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM

i'm sooooooo sorry for your lost! I can't imagine how hard it can be for you
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so sorry to hear about Patron . He is now in a pain free place running free.

Patron

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Shortybaby, so sorry you lost your boy Patron. He was so good looking, and no doubt the light of your life. But as the others have said it was not in your control. He's running at the bridge now and will wait for you there. And yes, grieving is all natural, don't let people tell you otherwise. In time you will heal and may even decide you want to try again. RIP Patron your time was too short.
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:20 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so very sorry about your loss. Please know that his spirit is free and his soul remains with you.

Even though you cannot see him you can still touch him - he is close by.

Peace Patron.
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I'm sorry for your loss shortybaby.Patron was a handsome boy.

Patron
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM

baby patron

Hi Sandra my name is Cheryl, i am so sorry to hear about your litte cutie patron, he looked so cute and i can honestly say i know the pain your going through right now as i had to have my beloved baby cassy put to sleep on 15th jan, i had cas for 16 1/2 years and i have never felt heartbreak like it in the world. I have kept all of cassy's toys, bed, food bowl etc out as iyt helps me to deal with the pain. Just remember that crying is good and it will help you with you mourning and he is still around you as he alway's was just in spirit, both my husband and i have heard cas around the house and it very warming to know that she is still with us as your baby patron is with you.

you and your husband take special care of each other and don't forget patron hasn't left you, he's with you in spirit and in your heart xxxx

patron and cassyhoof
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM

Shortybaby, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.....it sounds like you were a very good momma to Patron and you did everything humanly possible to help him.

I can only offer my sympathies to you and your husband, in time you will remember Patron and you will smile, but for now, your heart is broken and you need to get through the next days/weeks.

Patron was a real sweetie, such a cute face! Please know that he is now running free at Rainbow bridge with all the others that have gone before him. My Harley Dude will show him the way.....

Look after yourself, take your time to grieve, it takes a while to get through the hurt.

to you and your hubby

sweet Patron, your momma misses you....

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.