Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Ride-Share

Hi!

Is anyone available during next Monday, June 16th in the morning? After 3 yrs!!! of incomplete treatment (Just Now finding out about stones, crystals, ultrasounds, other treatment options besides Novo-Lexin & vet food-SEVERE allergies!!! to ALL vet foods tried) for Urinary Infections (Holistic just tried, no change at all .) I finally lucked out with a knowledgeable vet. So I managed to book Scarlet an apt. for next Monday for an ultrasound at the Rive-Sud clinique on Taschereau at 9 a.m. (I work from 1-9:30/11:30). The radiologist (transferred from the DMV) doesn't work week-ends when I would have a ride. I will pay for gas/time. It shouldn't take too long.

Pls call (514)-434-2639 after 7 P.M. if available (pre-paid cell-vet $$$)

Thnx
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Red face Ride-Share Still Needed!!!

Hi!

Scarlet & I still need a ride to the South Shore vet on Taschereau in Montreal. I managed to postpone it (now June 30th at 9 a.m.) since AFTER posting EVERYWHERE I have had no responses. Pls help!!! We need to know if she has stones. SCarlet is my life but a cab is out of my reach & I have no one with a car to help me during weekdays (the radiologist doesn't work on weekends)

Thnx

My # is (514)-434-2639
Attached Images

Old June 25th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Red face Ride-Share Needed!!!

Pls Help!!!

STILL no ride-share!!! Our local dog run in in the middle of an internal turf war between the commitee members which has split the dog folk & I my e-mails to the dog commitee are being ignored. Plus, I am STILL looking for a dog-friendly Montreal apt. (6 days 'til Moving Day!!!).

Old June 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Remembering Lukka

:sad:I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time, I hope someone can help you.
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praellwyn View Post
I will pay for gas/time.
I don't understand.. how can you afford to pay someone for gas/time and not afford a cab?

good luck.
Old June 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praellwyn View Post
Plus, I am STILL looking for a dog-friendly Montreal apt. (6 days 'til Moving Day!!!).
At the risk of stating/asking the obvious, have you looked on craigslist? Concordia's job and housing board? Walked around the areas you would like to live in to look for signs?

I have 2 pit bull mixes, I've always rented, it's a bit difficult, but it seems bizarre that you still haven't found a place.
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Re: Ride-Share/Apt. Hunt

Hi!

I DID find a place but my roomie bailed at the last minute (last Friday) & I have to wait until 2-morrow's payday for money to pay rent for a 3rd apt this month. I lost my rental deposit on the other place. At least on Friday I can speak to my Super (she loves Scarlet) with money in my account & if I mention the near 2 yrs. I've put up w/ the roaches etc I may get a new lease :sad:. My apt. hasn't been rented out yet, obviously so there is a chance. Apperently the last exterminator "isn't right in the head".

P.S. I had to renew for a second year due to a car accident (red-light runner). At least Scarlet has a permanent place at the doggie daycare that I worked at before I moved dwntwn so I got to keep her.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:15 PM

Red face Ride-Share Bust

Hi!

To answer the question about funds for gas/time comp. but not cab fare there is a big difference in $$$. Nothing in this life is free. Either way, after posting EVERYWHERE with no success I have had to cancel Scarlet's appt. & hope that she really doesn't have stones. My super & landlord took pity on us & let us stay in our apt but I am STILL looking for a MULTI-PET apt. so Scarlet can have a doggie pal. She is ignore/attacked in our local dog run & only geos in in the hopes of attention/caresses the same as sitting at the Sherbrooke/Decarie exit, waiting for a car to stop & people to give her affection. It's happened before a couple of times & she's not dumb. It's also caused a few near-accidents too. She pulls towards anyone passing or stationary & only has dogs to play with during the once-monthly Pug meet-up.
Attached Images