Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Gardening

Old June 16th, 2010, 08:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

My poor neglected gardens :(

Haven't had much time so far to do anything in my gardens so please excuse the mess and the weeds.
The side garden beside the house. Hostas, Lady's Mantle, campanula, cat mint, delphinium, and a few other things.......
Name:  IMG_1258.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  82.5 KB
Rose campion mixed with blanket flowers.
Name:  IMG_1262.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  67.9 KB
My first Shasta daisies to open.
Name:  IMG_1263.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  61.4 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; June 17th, 2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I called Lady's Mantle Coral Bells. Duh!
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:10 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

More Shastas, Calliopsis, and some wild Sweet Peas
Name:  IMG_1260.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  51.9 KB
Zebra Grass - my fav grass
Name:  IMG_1268.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  44.0 KB
Blanket Flower
Name:  IMG_1264.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  58.1 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:15 PM
150% PRO S/N

These ones are in my "forgotten garden" at the front of the house. I never get up there to clean it up.
Sun Ray Coreopsis
Name:  IMG_1274.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  59.3 KB
Campanula peeking out of viola leaves
Name:  IMG_1275.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  98.8 KB
Burgandy Coral Bell
Name:  IMG_1273.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  53.1 KB

Old June 16th, 2010, 08:20 PM
150% PRO S/N

Potentilla among my calliopsis.
Name:  IMG_1261.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  56.3 KB
Prunella Freelander
Name:  IMG_1267.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  60.5 KB
Another Coral Bell
Name:  IMG_1266.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  59.4 KB

Old June 16th, 2010, 08:16 PM

Oooo, love the daisies! And those blanket flowers have such an interesting look to them. Really nice
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenamlambe View Post
Oooo, love the daisies! And those blanket flowers have such an interesting look to them. Really nice
Blanket Flowers are one of my fav. They don't last long as a perennial but they self seed so I always have lots. Just never sure where they are going to pop up in my beds. And that suits me fine. I'm not an organized gardener. Sort of like the wild look.

Old June 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I'm not an organized gardener. Sort of like the wild look.
I like it too!! It's like a surprise every year to see where they pop up! Hahah.
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Kitty pimp

i like weeds too lol and evrthing growing at once i never saw the beauty in manicured gardens
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:08 PM
150% PRO S/N

Coral Bell seeds

I have just collected a good number of Coral Bell seeds. If anyone is interested in some feel free to pm me your address and I will be glad to send you some. These seeds are very tiny so, while it may not look like I have sent you a bunch, you will get probably 25 to 50 seeds.
Attached Images

Old June 21st, 2010, 09:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They're gorgeous, 14+!! Are they shade plants or do they like sun?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
They're gorgeous, 14+!! Are they shade plants or do they like sun?
Those particular plants have been there since last spring. They are in complete open with a few taller plants to shade them. I have my Jacob's Ladder and Day lilies planted nearby and tons of Black Eyed Susans. They would do well in the open as long as they were well watered or had some shade during the heat of the day.
Did you want some seeds? I know I didn't send any before as these guys didn't flower well last year. Or have you run out of room.

Old June 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

If they like shade, I have just the place for them As long as they're not toxic, anyway Do you know?

The place I have is right in front of the hummingbird garden and the dogs will likely be able to nibble a leaf here and there... It's in shade most of the day except for the early morning. Think they'd like it there?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:05 PM
150% PRO S/N

I will get them sent. You could try putting the seeds in when you get them but don't expect much this year. Not toxic to dogs. Does well in shade or mostly shade as well as sun. It's one of those all round good plants. Give it some water occasionally and you can basically forget it. At least until it gives that beautiful show of flowers.