Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 7th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Laurel

Lost Collie/Sheppard

She is a 4 yr old Collie mix. She has long hair, tan colour. She broke out of a screen window Sat. June 28th (frightened by fireworks). She was last seen in the Willow Beach, Ontario area - which is between Keswick and Sutton (closer to Sutton). She is a little bit of a loner, but very friendly, although I'm sure she is frightened. We miss her very much. It's like she vanished into thin air. Any sightings please let me know. Call Laurel at 416-567-1354 or Cheryl at 416-303-6097.
Attached Images

Last edited by laurel; July 10th, 2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: ADD PICTURE
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
-

I live not too far from you, Kennedy Rd south of the Ravenshoe, will keep an eye out. Have you called Animal Control in Georgina to report your dog lost?
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Laurel

Called Everywhere

We have called, emailed and put up posters everywhere we can think of. The only response we got was a scam. He wanted $550 to ship her to us. Turned out he was from Nigeria. Just about broke my daughters heart again, when it turned out to be a scam.
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Laurel

Picture

I would like to add her picture but for some reason it says I can't add attachments. What do I have to do to be able to add attachments/
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
-

You have to have more posts to be able to add an attachment. Do you have a picture posted of her on any other site? If so then you can post the link and we can see it from that.

Sorry to hear that you are also the victim of a potential scam, you are not alone it seems to be happening a lot. If you read some of the other threads in the lost and found section of this forum, you will see others that have received the same kind of emails.
Old July 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Laurel

Picture

Thanks for your response. We have not received many. As you said you live in the approximate area she went missing, I'm including a picture.
Attached Images

Old July 10th, 2008, 08:26 PM
-

She's a sweety , I hope you find her soon.
Old July 12th, 2008, 03:20 PM
-

She is gorgeous .....I hope you are re-united soon.
Old July 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Laurel

Thanks

Thank you for your concern. She is a beautiful dog and so well behaved. A really really good dog. It's been 2 weeks now and not one sighting, it's like she vanished into thin air. But I have heard of them coming home after several weeks, so we aren't giving up hope. Thanks again.
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:41 PM

thats right! Don't give up Laurel. Even the shelter told me to keep looking for up to two months becaue it's likley that they will come home in that time...even if it goes beyond two months, keep looking. I hear stores about dogs comming home after so long!...

I really hope you find her and I'm really sorry you were scammed. It happened to me to.
I hope she comes home soon. I'll let you know if I see anything in my search for spencer that could help you
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Laurel

Hi
As I know you live in the area, that our dog went missing. A lady called today and told my daughter she saw Calypso last week in the Baseline & Woodbine area. Said she seemed very scared and she couldn't get close. Keep your eyes open for me. Thanks
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
-

I will keep an eye open and spread the word that she has been sighted. In a way that is consoling to know that she is still in the area. Was she able to give you any more information?
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Laurel

She said she tried to get her to come to her, but she seemed very scared and of course didn't know her name. Then apparently she took off in the direction of the lake. The lady saw the Lost Poster a couple of days later and she is 99% sure it is the same dog. It is still a big area to search, especially when they are wandering. But this is the first sighting we have had in 2 months, so it definitely gives us hope. I think she is wandering, but not going to far. My daughter lives in the Kennedy & Metro area. Thanks again for your help.