Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Recipes for humans

Old May 15th, 2005, 03:49 PM
<-----nut ball

Pizza Pie with leftovers of ham and mashed potato

I was going to make quiche..but this is what I ended up doing.

I don't know if anyone here loves Baked Ham and Mashed potatos as much as me, but I made some a few days ago because I love them! I had a few slices of ham left, and about a cup of mashed that I really didn't want to just eat again for the third day...so I was thinking of what to do with it.

I thought about Quiche. I can make a potato pastry out of the mashed, chop up the ham and I had eggs and brocolli. However, the only cheese I had was Mozerella, which in my opinion only tastes good on pizza.

So... This is what I did:

Potato pastry:

175 Gram Butter (6 oz)
225 Gram Self raising flour (8 oz)
1 Teaspoon Salt
225 Gram Cold, cooked mashed potato (8 oz)
1 Tablespoon Milk

Mix flour and butter with pastry blender until texture of peas. Mix in mashed until lumpy, then add milk until dough comes together.

Sorry it's in weights...I used a kitchen scale...

I put the pastry in the bottom of a large round baking dish (10 inch) and pushed it in and up the sides.

I filled the unbaked crust with chopped brocolli (one head) and leftover ham (about 2 cups), and then I cubed the mozerella and put it in (about 2 cups).

I was about to make an egg mix to cover it and it just didn't feel right...so instead I pulled out a can of pasta sauce, opened it up, and spooned it over the filling and crust until it was covered. Then I pulled out some other pizza toppings out of the fridge, like some bacon and onions, put them on top, sprinkled on some romano and parmesan and some italian seasoning...

Baked for 30 min at 350 or until the crust is brown at the edges and the filling is all bubbly.

It was great! I'm so glad I didn't make quiche!
Old May 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM

Sound yummy. I'm one of the few potato lovers left in this mad carb-cutting diet time... My family has a great recipe for crepes made with tatoes too.. I'd have to find it...