Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:42 PM
woof!

Exclamation Help! Stolen Puppy!!!

for all of those who have pets must know how hard it is to be separated from your best friend, your baby, the joy and love of your life...

2 days ago (monday may 31,) three men had jacked into my car and took Mischa, my 3 month-old boston terrier puppy boy. Mischa has been my life since i got him, and now my heart is aching from this.

the incidence happened in Old montreal, near the old port area. Mischa was taken from my SUV with a new york license plate and all our luggage in the back. they knew we were on our way home. we live in new york, and now i'm in Montreal looking for my baby. i ran out of ideas and am feeling more helpless and desperate than ever. i have made a police report, called the SPCA, Berger Blanc, posted over 200 posters in the area, called all the vets and pets stores in town... i really don't know what else to do.

Mischa is a 3-month old boy, about 10 lbs, white front paws and black back paws, with a curly tail like a pig's, classic black and white boston terrier markings, and a white squiggly triangle on the back of his neck.

if anyone has seen Mischa or heard about him, please please please, do give me a call: 514-781-1685, or 917-270-3611. i would appreciate it with all my heart. i am just hoping that he will return home.

thanks so much in advance, and thanx for listening...
Attached Images

Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:32 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG I hope you find Mischa, I've never done this before and not sure how you would but I have heard it done before. The radio stations or TV, sadly the fact that you are from New York and your SUV was broken into to get your precious puppy just might seem news worthy to some stations or Newspaper people, or perhaps one can tell you who might spread the news for you .

Also the people here can give you better exposure on the net, like other places to post ( I'm just not sure)

I'm sorry this happened to you here, on your visit to Canada.

Was there any stores around where your vehicle was parked?...........If so maybe they have a security camera you can look at from the day in question and if something is seen well you have evidence to bring to the police and certainly the media.

I hope this helps, good luck
Old June 3rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
Senior Contributor

I have to agree with Iggette about calling the radio stations or the t.v. stations.And yes,find out if there were any security cameras where this happened.

I'm sorry,but I need to ask this...Where were you at the time this happened and why was Mischa left alone in your SUV?

I do hope you get him back.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
woof!

Unhappy

of course i wouldn't have left him in the car unless i didn't have a choice. i was with a group of six friends who met us at Old Montreal in the middle of the day for lunch just to say goodbye. the restaurant where we made reservations (Jardin Nelson) had outdoor seating but wouldn't let me bring in Mischa, even if he was in his travel bag the whole entire time. none of the other restaurants would allow pets either. we were going to grab a bite to eat and head home directly afterwards.

it was a pretty cool day... sunny but you need a sweatshirt... we thought that it might be okay to leave him to nap in the car for a little while and check up on him every 30 minutes, since we walked around with him for almost a couple of hours already and he was getting tired. so we left the sunroof open, opened all the windows about 2 inches, left him in the back seat where he had plenty of room to run around on the floor with his toys, dog treats, food, and water... and of course, some newspapered area in case he needed to 'go.'

i know that we're totally responsible for this, we made a huge mistake by letting him be alone in the car... plus we didn't know that the area where we were parked is known for car theft and dog theft.

we made an announcement on the radio already, on Chom 97.7 and mix 96. i think we will do it again.

we also checked the stores and their security cameras, but nothing.... because this was outside the stores, in front of a nice shopping center too.

we networked with the people in the area of the incident, like the bums on the streets, the horse carriage drivers, people working in the cafes nearby... and of course, the vets in all city of montreal, and told them to help spread the word.

it would be very kind for everybody who finds this posting to help spread the word too... i know i've made a mistake and i can't regret it more than this. i would do anything to get Mischa back and appreciate it with all my heart any help that i can get to take me to him.

thanx again y'all for listening...
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Unhappy

I'm VERY soory to hear about your poor puppy, I reallyhope everything works out for you guys!!! But unfortunately this is another reason whyy pets should never be left alone in a vehicle...
I can pass this long to people I know in Montreal..
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:29 AM
woof!

yes, agreed, and i know i made a terrible mistake... when we made the decision we only cared whether he would be comfortable or not and totally forgot the fact that there were people with other interests out there... i must say that i learned my lesson the hard way.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

OH, I'm so sorry you lost your baby.

I'm just thinking it's possible that if someone saw him in the car on a sunny day, they may have taken him, thinking that they were rescuing him! As you know, even on cool days the temperature can rise dramtically inside a car, if it's sunny out. At least I HOPE this was the case as the other alternatives are not pleasant.

I agree about calling a radio or TV station. Since you are a visitor here, they would be more eager to help you. Give it a try!! If your dog's pic and story are on TV, whoever has him might feel he is too "hot" to keep and may drop him off at a shelter, etc.

I wish you the very best of luck getting your puppy back!!
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
woof!

thanx for your reply. i know what you're saying, but we did make sure that the temperature was pleasant enough inside the car for us to do this. it was actually very cloudy already at the time, and when i sat in the car with the doors open, i actually needed to close the doors because i was getting cold.

Mischa was taken by three men... three big guys who used tools to jack open the car. there was a worker there who witnessed this at the time, asked the men why they were using tools to open the car, and they said that they forgot the key...

we called the shelters already and went to drop off pictures, but so far, nothing...
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor

That is horrible,i feel for you,what about having fingerprints taken off the car and the police running them??
Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:30 AM
woof!

that might be a long shot, but maybe it's worth a try... but they might be so blurry by now. and my car is now back in new york... i stayed in montreal looking for Mischa while the others had to go home.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Alice,I am so very sorry for you and your puppy,she is adorable
Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:22 PM
woof!

thanx... he is the cutest thing in my life. i just used the last tactic... i made tons of flyers with Mischa's picture, contact info and description on the back and offered a $1,000 reward for whoever returns him to me... hopefully that works and gives people incentive to watch out for him.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

PLEASE contact the media. The news media here loves stories like this. It may give you a chance to get your baby back.

In the meantime, I will send the pic and info to the rescues around here....
Old June 3rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Hopefully, the reward may do the trick. Sometimes dogs are stolen just to claim the reward when it's offered. Was he micro-chipped or wearing ID? If so, be sure someone is manning the telephone # that is listed in case someone calls.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
woof!

thanx guys for your ideas... i will try to contact the media. it just sucks that i'm not from here and doesn't speak french and i'm not familiar with anything. i will definitely try these suggestions, thanx.

too bad he wasn't microchipped yet... his vet appointment was supposed to tomorrow to get his shots and dewormings and microchipping.

i really hope that at least the reward works.

thanx again so much for your ideas. i appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Try the Montreal Gazette - English newspaper.

The Gazette: Our main switchboard number is: 514-987-2222
Old June 5th, 2004, 07:07 PM

Smile

I will tell all the people I know in Montreal (I lived there for 2 years) to tell their friends to be on the lookout for your pup. He's so cute and I hope you get him back
Old June 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I tried to fix the pic a bit.
Attached Images

Old June 7th, 2004, 12:36 AM
woof!

thank you so much, guys.... you're the best!
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I thought I saw a dog like this on petfinder so I played with the pic a little more, to get the markings brought up...but it wasn't the same pooch sorry!

However, here is what I did to the picture....as I really wanted to check out the markings.

You may want to post your information on
www.canadastrays.ca and
www.lostandfound.ca

I hope you are reunited!!
Attached Images