Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG! I am going to cry. :sad: It's is absolutely horrible! I am in shock and feel so bad for this poor poor dog. I live in Brampton. I am out every night with my dog and will keep and eye out for Dez. Please, please, please keep us updated!!!
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:45 AM

im the owner

I dont know where else to look. It has been 6 days. I am looking under tree and bush every morning for about an hour (I work from 10-6, and after work is already dark). I would like to coordinate a search party this Saturday to meet at the Youth Centre on McLaughlin/Elgin in the morning and then go looking in more bushes and shrubs for Dez (alive or not ). I would love to know what happened to my dog. :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:46 AM
<-----nut ball

That is a great idea! Post the details and I'll see if I can make it.
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Dogs can go for miles and miles. He could be anywhere I think we need to concentrate your efforts in a larger area. Someone very well could have picked him up and he's in a vet's office on the mend! Please PM me if I can be of any assistance. I can call around, help with the search... Are you friends with Whinnie and Boo's owner??
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Senior Contributor

It's wonderful of you guys to offer to help. I HOPE this poor baby is found soon!!

Please let us know. After hearing about him and seeing his pic this is very upsetting. :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM

im the owner

I know that he may have walked for miles and miles, but he was hurt and the witness said he was limping away, but either way you're right he may be in an area where we are not looking. But if he is walking somewhere I think someone would have found him by now and reported it. I have to try and thoroughly search the fields behind the youth centre as best I can before I can move the search further west or south. (that is not to say I havent obviuosly gove by car searching further than the fields). If anyone lives in this area and wants to help Saturday morning around 10:00, please email me at bteves @ rogers.com (w/o spaces) and tell me your name and phone# and I will be in contact with you. Yes I am friends with the owner of whinnie and boots. I have known them for about a month and they were trying to be the new parents of Dezmond. It is not they're fault that he escaped. Dezmond had separation anxiety when he wasnt with me and when he got the chance to try to find me he took it. No one is to blame and everyone was doing their best for the love of one amazing dog. :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Have you contacted the Brampton Shelter? 905 458 5800. You have to tell them specifically everything that might of happened. They will not give out information freely about an animal. Please go visit them with a picture and tell them your story. Even if they don't have Dez, they can help!

Is he microchipped? Does he have tags on??
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:39 AM

It is tuesday today.Why the wait till Saturday?Do you know how much ground a dog can cover in 11 days? Injured also:sad: saturday is a long way away :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM

im the owner

I appreciate all your concern and ideas. I have done all the obvious things that I can do. Read the previous posts before you ask questions. I have called all the Animal shelters in Brampton, Mississauga, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Caledon, and Etobicoke. This is a huge area of land. He had his ID tags when he escaped; he is not microchipped.
I wish I could coordinate a search party sooner but I work during the week and I cannot afford to miss any more days of work. Plus I dont think I could conjure up much or a party on a weekday. If he is alive someone will see him. I am more interested in knowing what happened and have to still go to work so my search time is restricted. I will appreciate it if anyone would like to go on their own and search before Saturday. Please email me bteves @ rogers.com (w/o spaces) so I can tell you exactly where I havent already searched.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

yeah sorry, I was just thinking of options to help your dog. I guess I'll have to read a little better.

Have you called vet clinics? I didn't see that posted. He very well could have been dropped off by someone at a vet clinic because of his injuries.. he could still be there.... I could help call some if you like?

North Town Veterinary Hospital
905-451-2000
496 Main Street North,
Brampton, ON L6V 1P9

Fletcher's Creek Animal Hospital
905-495-6600
10 Earlsbridge Boulevard,
Brampton, ON L7A 3P1

Heart Lake Veterinary Hospital
905-840-9961
23 Conservation Drive,
Brampton, ON L6Z 4R3

Brookfield Veterinary Hospital
905-454-0765
545 Steeles Avenue West,
Brampton, ON L6Y 4E7

Snelgrove Veterinary Services
905-846-3316
11526 Hurontario Street,
Brampton, ON L7A 1E6

Springdale Animal Hospital
905-799-0901
10819 Bramalea Road,
Brampton, ON L6T 3S1

Bramalea Animal Hospital
905-792-2200
8460 Torbram Road,
Brampton, ON L6T 4M9

Brampton Veterinary Hospital
905-451-7741
265 Queen Street East,
Brampton, ON L6W 2C2

Halton Hills Veterinary Clinic
(905) 873-1855 2 Main St North
Georgetown, ON

B. Mill Creek Veterinary Clinic
(905) 826-1122 6400 Millcreek Dr
Mississauga, ON

C. Emergency Veterinary Clinic High...
(905) 495-9907 1 Wexford Rd
Brampton, ON

D. Peel Veterinary Clinic
(905) 799-3121 10078 Dixie
Brampton, ON

E. Eglinton-Hwy 10 Veterinary Clinic
(905) 890-7964 295 Eglinton Ave E
Mississauga, ON

F. Emergency Veterinary Clinic-Miss...
(905) 273-9335 3490 Mavis Rd
Mississauga, ON

G. Mississauga Veterinary Spay-Neut...
(905) 282-0002 5120 RR-4
Mississauga, ON

H. Acton Veterinary Clinic
(519) 853-1450 10 River St
Acton, ON

I. Renforth Veterinary Clinic
(416) 622-2003 Renforth & Eringate
Toronto, ON

J. Brookville Veterinary Clinic
(905) 854-2216 11280 Guelph Line
Campbellville, ON
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:32 PM

im the owner

thanks for the listing. I have done that also. I went through all the vets in the yellowpages. I have also put up over 30 posters with a picture in that area and within a 10-15km radius. I am aware that he may be outside this area but he may also be inside it since it is a huge area and I have not looked under each tree and bush for his body yet. I am looking as hard and as often as I can and I am driving around further calling his name and whistleing but nothing has surfaced. Not one sign of anything. No dog prints by themselves, no calls from anyone, no barking back or crying, nothing. I can only conclude that he is stolen, dead, or in an area outside my search area that no one can see him.
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry! Have you had some help with your search so far?? Maybe Whinnie's owner could go out with you and bring her dogs. They might recongize a scent of Dez better then a human?
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Senior Contributor

PMG!! I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your dog. If I lived in clser proximity, I'd surely volunteer for the search party but it usually takes me 11 hours to drive to Toronto. (and I am not sure how far Brampton is from TO).

My heart goes out to you and I hope you find her!! It seems as though you have done as much as possible to find him. But, don't give up!! There may be someone out there who knows something.
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
banned user

Why do I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomache.

I don't know what is going on here. Bsteves The only part of this puzzle I've put together so far is you advertised DEZ for 1$ (post+ links below)
So if I put 1+1 together I can only fathom that Winnie-Boo offered to help you? then what? Can you clarify this for us please.

http://www.hoobly.com/ads/10281/0/0/

http://www.hoobly.com/members/bteves/

Ad

New Home Needed - 8 Yr Apbt email seller | clip ad | report abuse

Canada > Ontario > Brampton > Pets & Animals > American Pit Bull Terrier
I need to find a caring a loving home for my 8 year old male pitbull. He is a great dog who loves people. He is great indoors, and loves to go for walks atleast twice a day. I am moving to a condo and will not be able to keep him. I am in the Mississauga/Brampton area. Please call (905) 781-2239 Posted On: 28-Nov-2004
Posted By: bteves
Ad Type: Classified
Price: $1.00 CAD
Available: 1

Sammie... ditto
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Bet that's how you and Laura met up.... here's her ad... http://www.hoobly.com/members/laura4pits/
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM

Why does bteves not know the name of Whinnie-Boo's dog?

"Yes I am friends with the owner of whinnie and boots. I have known them for about a month and they were trying to be the new parents of Dezmond. " - bteves
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Senior Contributor

That's not a mistype either, bteves did 2 times.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:10 PM

u r right

"I have not read the other post by Whinnie-boots but here is the story... Dezmond was my dog and I needed to find him a new home. " - bteves
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM

All very wierd. I wouldn't leave my Boy with 2 other dogs without really knowing them. If I hadn't managed to get thier names down yet I don't think I would be leavin my dog with them.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:53 PM

im the owner

Im getting a little confused here. I am the owner and Dez is my dog. I needed to find him a new home and Whinnie-boo (laura) (the owner of 2 pitbulls Whinnie and boo-boo) (sorry if I didnt ask how to spell the dogs names before I dropped my dog off!!), wanted to take Dez in and try it for a couple of days with her dogs. Yes I did post on that hoobly site and Laura responded to me through that. I didnt know about this site until yesterday and posted the lost ad.This was the 2nd time we tried having the 3 dogs together but obviously the worst has happened. What else do you people think is going on?? I met Laura and she is a genuine animal lover. I do not believe she did anything to intentionally hurt my dog.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

No one here thinks that she would ever intentionally hurt your dog!!! Please, don't think that.

We are confused and hoping for the best. I just pray that we can find Dez and get him the help he needs.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM

im the owner

great! So lets try to focus on finding Dezmond then! Please if anyone can help thats what Im looking for.
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:36 PM
banned user

Regardless of who said what and what has actually happened, I really do hope you find him, alive and well. Good luck to you.
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:41 PM
<-----nut ball

Hrmm...

I don't mean to be mean, and it is not my intention, but I think I speak for a lot of people here and we need some info. If you could provide your side of the story about what happened, it would make a lot of us feel better.

from reading posts that the owner of whinnie and booboo posted (laura is her name right?), she said Dez found a new home on a farm on Jan. 7th, 2005. However, I don't see how that's possible if he got loose and hit by a car on the 5th.

Did Laura lose your dog? Was it at her house when it got loose and got hit?

Apparently laura is not coming back here to explain so any info you have would be appreciated.

I live in Brampton (downtown) so I will keep an eye out, but I am at work from dawn till dusk, and I know it's hard to search in the dark.
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM

im the owner

Raingirl... I dont know how many times I have tried to explain the story...not that it matters to the fact that Dezmond needs to be found!! I met Laura (owner of whinnie and boo-boo or boots or whatever way you want to say the name) from an ad I posted on Hoobly, trying to find a new home for Dezmond. I dont know what past things were happening with Whinnie-boo before I met her.
Ive met her in person many times now and she is a genuine animal lover.
She said the thing about the farm and Dez because all of you were all over her back and since none of you were helping with the situation, she decided to make up an answer that would shut everyone up.
Dezmond escaped from Laura's house on Wed Jan 5th and was hit by a van at 8:30pm. We have no other information on him at all after that point.
Whinnie-boo has informed me she will not be returning to this site. She was trying to help me by telling you all about Dezmond and if you knew anyone who could give him a loving home. She shouldnt need to explain anything else. I wasnt aware of her posts or even this website until yesterday when I did a search for "lost dogs brampton".
I am coordinating a search party for Dezmond on saturday morning at 10:00 to see if we can find his body in the fields behind the youth centre. Maybe you (Raingirl) would like to help us out since you're so close to us?? I would appreciate it alot. Please email me at bteves @ rogers.com (w/o spaces) and provide ur name and phone# and I will contact u with more details. Laura will be helping me as she has helped me look for Dez since he went missing... :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM
<-----nut ball

Thanks for the clarification bteves. Now it all makes sense.

I would have offered to take dez, but I work almost 10 hours, so with the SA, it wouldn't have worked. I don't understand why dez wasn't allowed in a condo though. Oh well. i think her posting it was enough, but older dogs are harder to rehome. It's all in the past now, nothing we can do.

I don't know if I will be able to help saturday, but I will check.
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Bteves..I am really sorry Laura felt the need to make up a story,I never doubted her love of animals and am sure she had very good intentions,but it is certainly not easy to find a new home for a Pit-Bull,much less one 8 yrs old.
Like you say now,the main focus should be on poor Dez,I cannot imagine how he feels right now,hungry and wounded.
It is very important HS knows he is not an abandonned dog,because we all unfortunately know what they would do to a wounded Pit-Bull.
You said you are looking for his body,I hope that is not the case,but it's been a long time....it brings me to tears,just thinking about him :sad:
I sooo hope you find him,one way or the other,but I hope beyond hope,he's still alive. :love:
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,now that's it...the dam really burst :sad: that $1 ad did it.
I think this is the saddest story I've ever read in this Forum...
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:46 PM

im the owner

chico2...I appreciate your words and goodwill. I noticed you live in Oakville which is only 20-30 minutes away from where he was hit. Would you like to come out this saturday morning and help find him? The more people I get the better and it would really mean a lot to me. Email me at bteves @ rogers.com (w/o spaces) and give me your phone# and name and I will contact you with more details. I would love to see Dez alive again but I have had no signs of anything since he went missing last wednesday. I believe I have done all I can do and I am hoping that someone sees him and calls me or the police. So in the meantime I have to also face the possibility that he might have passed and if he has I want to find his body. Right now I have no other options I can think of. If he is still alive out there somewhere all I can do is pray someone sees him, because I have looked in my area everyday in an approximately 10-20km radius. Thank-you.
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:51 PM

This thread started out as a dog owner's plea to help find a lost dog. At this point, the only thing that matters is that the dog is hurt and missing. Since the OP is trying to put together a search for Saturday, I will leave this thread open. Provided it doesn't get off track again.
Closed Thread